• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - Australia, South Africa, Scotland, Holland

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Geez, that got really dismal from Holland towards the end there. 500 would have been on the cards if it went the full distance.

Evermind

International Debutant
Considering 175 came off 11 overs, 500 was most definitely on the cards. What a ridiculous game - there's never been a better argument to keep the minnows out of the WC.

I just hope Boucher, Kallis or Gibbs didn't pull a muscle trying to ram Holland into oblivion. That's the only real injury worry in this game.

I hope they take this positivity and confidence against Australia.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, I'll be honest, that was really fun to watch :laugh:. Man I feel sorry for the orange shirts.

This was also RSA's highest WC total according to the commentators.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Awesome stuff Proteas :) Well done Hersch..

Oh, and can we please tell the commentators how to pronounce Kervezee? If dutch is anything like Afrikaans it should be, Ker-vuh-zay-ah... Thank you.. And can we get over the fact that hes 17 for five seconds too..

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was looking through the Cricinfo commentary, and I thought it was doing that thing where they accidentally keep repeating the same ball. Amazing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ten Doeschate is a champ. Didn't exactly bowl brilliantly today, but is batting very very well.