• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 2 (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Netherlands)

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh to win as both teams choke when chasing. If Pakistan win, NZ should pick Macewell for the semi as Babar and Rizwan are his bunnies.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Two wickets from Rabada all tournament and on a surface where Bavuma would have been hard to get away, he goes at 12 runs an over. Batsman will get the blame, but he and Ngidi were awful today.
Do you mean Shamsi? Bavuma doesn't bowl as far as I know.

Last edited:

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant
Should have played Shamsi , associates often struggle against wristspinners but yeah Rabada is a overrated in white ball cricket he doesn't do well in World Cups..

averages 36 with the ball in the ODI WC and 27 with the ball in the T20 WC .

sunilz

International Regular
Like seriously. If the tournament is fixed then multiple players from every single team must be involved.

It's a hilariously wide and unruly conspiracy.
This is exactly what I told him. But he was smiling at me . ( I hope we are not living in a X- file ) ?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Like seriously. If the tournament is fixed then multiple players from every single team must be involved.

It's a hilariously wide and unruly conspiracy.
It’s not fixed, it’s that the conditions are completely alien to a lot of teams who have spent the last few years on low, slow and spinny (if anything at all) decks in this format during the pandemic especially.

Aus produces some ridiculously flat decks, but that’s usually in the height of summer. Early season cricket here is often a coin toss because there’s so much going on compared with later in the season. Add the crazy and unusual amount of rain because of La Niña and this is like playing on a different planet to most places

ashley bach

International Captain
It’s not fixed, it’s that the conditions are completely alien to a lot of teams who have spent the last few years on low, slow and spinny (if anything at all) decks in this format during the pandemic especially.

Aus produces some ridiculously flat decks, but that’s usually in the height of summer. Early season cricket here is often a coin toss because there’s so much going on compared with later in the season. Add the crazy and unusual amount of rain because of La Niña and this is like playing on a different planet to most places
Of course it's not fixed. No team will ever pay 20/1 again in a world cup head to head match.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait, if Pakistan win they will top the group? That’s hilarious. They were dead and buried 5 days ago. Never change

Spark

Global Moderator
In all seriousness though while I really really dislike "fixing" comments as jokes in general we do have to recognise that "T20 is a gold mine for match fixing" is not a rare opinion to find out in the wild, especially in Australia. A lot of cricket casuals/followers I talk to who don't take T20 seriously at all often bring up "it's all fixed anyway lol" unprompted as a talking point.