• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 2 (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Netherlands)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In all seriousness though while I really really dislike "fixing" comments as jokes in general we do have to recognise that "T20 is a gold mine for match fixing" is not a rare opinion to find out in the wild, especially in Australia. A lot of cricket casuals/followers I talk to who don't take T20 seriously at all often bring up "it's all fixed anyway lol" unprompted as a talking point.
Respected former moderator @Dan insisted the BBL was fixed to an almost annoying level with his posts.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In all seriousness though while I really really dislike "fixing" comments as jokes in general we do have to recognise that "T20 is a gold mine for match fixing" is not a rare opinion to find out in the wild, especially in Australia. A lot of cricket casuals/followers I talk to who don't take T20 seriously at all often bring up "it's all fixed anyway lol" unprompted as a talking point.
You shouldn’t talk with people who aren’t close followers of cricket though. No one should. They add nothing to humanity.

Spark

Global Moderator
Respected former moderator @Dan insisted the BBL was fixed to an almost annoying level with his posts.
In all seriousness, I do think it's a serious concern long term if cricket does dive all into private franchise T20 as the future of the game. No one seems to be trying particularly hard to not make it look very very obviously prone to corruption - you don't have to go far to find some extremely dubious stories coming out of the mid-tier leagues - and that ultimately is an existential threat to the sport.

Like, this UAE league. What is that?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In all seriousness, I do think it's a serious concern long term if cricket does dive all into private franchise T20 as the future of the game. No one seems to be trying particularly hard to not make it look very very obviously prone to corruption - you don't have to go far to find some extremely dubious stories coming out of the mid-tier leagues - and that ultimately is an existential threat to the sport.

Like, this UAE league. What is that?
Dan actually thought it was fixed by CA though.

Good right-libertarian opinion from Dan.

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant
Dan actually thought it was fixed by CA though.

Good right-libertarian opinion from Dan.
When ICC tournaments have Pakistan and India drawn together for every group stage , when the final matches aren't played simultaneously in each group how can anyone confidently say there is no room for match fixing ?
Even the scheduling leaves room for it .

Athlai

Not Terrible
When ICC tournaments have Pakistan and India drawn together for every group stage , when the final matches aren't played simultaneously in each group how can anyone confidently say there is no room for match fixing ?
Even the scheduling leaves room for it .
What