• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 2 (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Netherlands)

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Another game another loss but honestly aside from everything else (rain, dls blah blah), we should have won this game and by now we should have known how to win from such situation. I don’t buy Shakib saying after the match that maybe we don’t know how to win from these situations. We are a nation of playing test cricket for over two decades, playing LOIs for forever, countless world cups by now and the captain coming out and saying utter rubbish post matches. I read someone from the coaching staffs said that we are looking to build a team for next WC even before the WC started. Then what did you do after last WC failure? We have tried more than 10 opening combos, guys like Shanto should not be in T20s, still can’t find a higher position for Moses in batting order. Just frustrating team to follow.

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
Another game another loss but honestly aside from everything else (rain, dls blah blah), we should have won this game and by now we should have known how to win from such situation. I don’t buy Shakib saying after the match that maybe we don’t know how to win from these situations. We are a nation of playing test cricket for over two decades, playing LOIs for forever, countless world cups by now and the captain coming out and saying utter rubbish post matches. I read someone from the coaching staffs said that we are looking to build a team for next WC even before the WC started. Then what did you do after last WC failure? We have tried more than 10 opening combos, guys like Shanto should not be in T20s, still can’t find a higher position for Moses in batting order. Just frustrating team to follow.
the next WC is less than two years away, good luck trying to build a more competent side to whoever the captain or coach is at the end of this one

loterry1994

International Debutant
These smaller nations always panic when chasing these big totals. The betting odds had it in big favour of India even when Bangladesh were none for 60. The rain helped Bangladesh more as they pretty much had to chase a similar a run rate with less overs and plenty of wickets in hand. Everyone seemed to just try got big after the das wicket but they really only needed one person to stay in for most the rest of that innings and they get home.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Arshdeep is our best bowler in the tournament. He is legit good. Can swing in early overs, can bowl slower ones and yorkers in late overs, and also has a sharp bouncer to surprise batsmen looking to hit out.
his a good pick by india, if Harshel wasn’t struggling the last few months and Bumrah wasn’t injured I doubt Arshdeep would of got picked this World Cup

sunilz

International Regular
Today's match is win-win from Indian perspective.

Pak Win : We avoid NZ in semi final
SA win : We are guaranteed Semi-final slot .

veganbob

U19 Captain

I think India would rather face NZ than England. England's batting is stacked. Past results count for nothing in T20- NZ thrashed Australia, Sa beat India. In fact India would look at it as being due a win vs NZ.

sunilz

International Regular
I think India would rather face NZ than England. England's batting is stacked. Past results count for nothing in T20- NZ thrashed Australia, Sa beat India. In fact India would look at it as being due a win vs NZ.
India have won their last 4 T20 series vs ENG. We are more confident facing them than NZ.
Boult will destroy Indian batting line up in a knockout match if there is even a hit of swing. I don't feel confident even chasing 150 against NZ.

Spark

Global Moderator

Surely then Pakistan winning is the vastly preferable option given that India are all but through anyway?

In any case I'd think that SA start as heavy, heavy favourites today.

Spark

Global Moderator
Last time SA beat Pak in a WC game (ODI or T20), Tom Moody and Paul Reiffel were your 3rd and 4th pacer.
Pakistan's middle order looked rank awful against any sort of serious pace and bounce the other night though and no one thus far has dealt with SA's pace attack at all.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I read on Facebook ( still needs to verify) that Pakistan is 7-0 vs SA at ICC events since 2009.
I guess if the streak has to end it better be this game when we are 99 % out of the running then say a crucial league game at next year's world cup.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So they want 5 runs to be added to their score and match should be tie ?

As if India would have bowled same way if 15 runs was to be defended in last over instead of 20 ? ?
Been outlawed for a couple of years no hasn't it?

Cheating Indians etc etc