• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 (Afghanistan, Australia, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Ireland)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It’s just boring. I don’t really know why Hales wasn’t charged and why Stokes wound up with downgraded charges (which he was found not guilty of). I do know that it’s ridiculously boring to not be able to talk about cricket without you chirping on about it. Like really. It ruins the thread.

thierry henry

International Coach
It’s just boring. I don’t really know why Hales wasn’t charged and why Stokes wound up with downgraded charges (which he was found not guilty of). I do know that it’s ridiculously boring to not be able to talk about cricket without you chirping on about it. Like really. It ruins the thread.
No, they ruined the thread

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
……this is your argument?
How do you want me to elaborate? I'm not in the sector so couldn't articulate any legal matters or technical jargon well at all
I'm not defending them in any way, just stating that very wealthy individuals in the public eye, who hold alot of status and power in their respective industries, are rarely held accountable for their behaviour

thierry henry

International Coach
How do you want me to elaborate? I'm not in the sector so couldn't articulate any legal matters or technical jargon well at all
I'm not defending them in any way, just stating that very wealthy individuals in the public eye, who hold alot of status and power in their respective industries, are rarely held accountable for their behaviour imo
So don’t support them you coward. What overarching power is forcing you and GIMH to have no nuts between you?

Last edited by a moderator:

cnerd123

likes this
No, they ruined the thread
i quite enjoyed the thread tbh

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
i don’t know you bro. If you don’t support Hales and Stokes then ok whatever
I can't stand Hales tbh. Don't think he's a really bad bloke, but likely all the fame and adulation went to his head. Probably the same with Stokes
I'll never know if he's truly remorseful for his actions, but it seems like he's just not involved in that carry on anymore and has knuckled down
Can't add much more than that

thierry henry

International Coach
I can't stand Hales tbh. Don't think he's a really bad bloke, but likely all the fame and adulation went to his head. Probably the same with Stokes
I'll never know if he's truly remorseful for his actions, but it seems like he's just not involved in that carry on anymore and has knuckled down
Can't add much more than that
Very easy when you get away with it imho

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Another defying the odds victory by these great english men. 5 out of 5 times the team batting first had emerged victorious at Sydney this tournament until England turned up. Not only that but the Australian authorities made sure they were playing on a twice used wicket for this farce of a tournament - a wicket more akin to the dustbowls of galle than your typical australian fare. And thirdly an injury (due to the awful australian outfields) to one of the greats of the modern t20 game Dawid Malan meant we were a batsman short for our runchase. One of the great wins.