• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 (Afghanistan, Australia, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Ireland)

veganbob

U19 Captain
Drop boult? Yeah lets drop our best player LOL

I'd say Sodhi if anybody was to be dropped to bring in Milne. And that could potentially happen. I can now confidently say this side will make positive exciting selections in this tournament.
Lol at boult being our best player these days. Most likely to bottle it . He single handedly cost us the 2019 cwc final firstly by being easily the worst bowler in the final, then dropping a easy catch. Milne is a better option under pressure.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
More wins at T20i WCs than any other nation, apparently. Or so Bish said on commentary today.

Plus, Asian champs as well, obvz.

Don't think England, Oz or NZ will be taking them lightly.
Think this is because they get to win associates in those initial rounds as bonus on top of the good wins they get in the main round. Still, a great record.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Think this is because they get to win associates in those initial rounds as bonus on top of the good wins they get in the main round. Still, a great record.
That's only been these two past tournaments. Even if you take those matches out SL are on top (Statsguru)

Sri Lanka won 25 of 41 (62%)
India won 24 of 39 (64%)
Pakistan won 24 of 41 (59%)
South Africa won 22 of 35 (63%)
Australia won 22 of 37 (59%)
New Zealand won 22 of 38 (58%)
England won 20 of 39 (53%)
WI won 19 of 39 (50%)

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Finn Allen currently scores at 166.99 per hundred balls in T20 Internationals, and 171.57 across all T20 cricket. That leaves him fifth-highest in history on both lists with a minimum of 250 balls faced. In all T20s, nobody who has faced 400 balls has scored higher than Allen, who has faced 1189.

I didn't know this until I read it in the Guardian. Impressive.
He completely transforms our side - especially against Australia, we usually have that jumpy, nervy start but he didn't give a **** who he was playing. I get a lot wrong but I said when we didn't play him in the first two ODIs in Cairns, we were missing a massive trick by not having him as a guaranteed starter in all short form cricket.

For those who don't follow NZ domestic cricket, he was not contracted and completely mismanaged by his province 18 months ago and had to leave, then ended up the top T20 run scorer the next year and was an NZ and IPL player pretty soon after.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah I'm not expecting Allen to be the second coming overnight but he has the talent to be a fixture of our white ball sides long term, and one of our historically better ones.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I'm not expecting Allen to be the second coming overnight but he has the talent to be a fixture of our white ball sides long term, and one of our historically better ones.
Absolutely. He hit the ball with great shape, great selection and accessed both sides of the ground on Saturday. When he started out, he was an absolute slogger and hard to watch, but he's clearly worked bloody hard on his game. Such an asset for us and can completely change the way we play both formats

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So long as you do so through the prism of a News Limited or Stokes newspaper, i'm sure you'll get a fair and balanced coverage.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll get my budget coverage from the Australian, thank you. Murdock is a business man of the highest calibre. If you can run a business you can run a country. Rupert will have the best coverage.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can’t believe that Australia is going to play in the mining capital of the world

No commitment to the cause:no:

Spark

Global Moderator
Zampa Covid positive apparently. Weren't the rules just changed so that was no longer necessarily a problem? Tahlia McGrath in the CG final comes to mind.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Zampa Covid positive apparently. Weren't the rules just changed so that was no longer necessarily a problem? Tahlia McGrath in the CG final comes to mind.
He's still allowed to play, just has to travel separately. Probably depends on how sick he actually is - I wouldn't have been wanting to play sport when I had covid.