• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest finisher and clutch player ever?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And by that logic, no ODI knock is as pressure filled as one in tests. Which is just as wrong.
No, as I said tests are different all together. A side is never truly out of an ODI but in tests the state of the game is often unknown or one side is well and truly on top. There's also generally not time pressure involved. Sometimes there is (AB de Villiers knock to block out the game springs to mind). But most of the time the game is not really in the balance and the pace of your innings makes little difference to the result. You wouldn't call Hayden's runs in Brisbane in 2002/03 against England clutch, despite being game winning. He took the game away from England but he was never particularly under any pressure. He could take his time, get settled and if he got out early in the first innings, there was always the second.

ODIs require survival and scoring and changes of tempo.

Anyway, back to the topic calling Kohli a clutch player for one innings in a final his side lost is a bit funny regardless of which way you slice it.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This applies even more to T20s
True, but the way to come back in a t20 is to simply swing harder, ride your luck more. There's very little innings building or pacing required. It's just not a particularly good format for international cricket.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why can't we all agree that Kohli is a choker in ODI and Smith in 4th innings?
What is the need to fight amongst ourselves? ?
I’ll happily agree to this providing you add Kohli in third innings of tests as well, and of course acknowledge tendulkar basically threw up on himself whenever it counted in ODIs

sunilz

International Regular
I’ll happily agree to this providing you add Kohli in third innings of tests as well, and of course acknowledge tendulkar basically threw up on himself whenever it counted in ODIs
Basically for Steve Smith to be called choker , I should accept that Tendulkar is also a choker because we both agree on Kohli ?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Basically for Steve Smith to be called choker , I should accept that Tendulkar is also a choker because we both agree on Kohli ?
Lol... good luck thinking that is all it takes. And we did not bring up the world famous choker that is Border.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes! This is how it works.

Sunilz gets it, while HB continues to flop around like a hapless water buffalo