• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest cricket match ever?

Greatest cricket match ever?

• Kolkata 2001

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Edgerton 2005

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • MI vs RR 2014

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I highly, highly doubt you watched the entire match anyways, so instead of just rubbishing the game like some sort of cricket snob I suggest you watch it before trying to compare it to the Netherlands game.
I don't know what your point is, but the poll option was quite obviously a joke suggestion.
Holy confrontation batman.

If you must have a response which you don't deserve based on the tone of this - then if Overrated Sanity wants to make an irrelevant third option as a "joke" - Then I strongly recommend in future he picks a game that he doesn't partially think is the greatest game of all time. And that's what I got out of yours and his posts "that you both thought it really was a great game". Irrelevant third options shouldn't have any merit to them whatsoever or people will think you are partially serious (which I suspect a small part of him was). If you re-read my earlier post I said in genuine surprise after I read your post praising the game that I didn't realise it was a serious suggestion until that point.

Am I still your Robin by the way? ;)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Holy confrontation batman.

If you must have a response which you don't deserve based on the tone of this - then if Overrated Sanity wants to make an irrelevant third option as a "joke" - Then I strongly recommend in future he picks a game that he doesn't partially think is the greatest game of all time. And that's what I got out of yours and his posts "that you both thought it really was a great game". Irrelevant third options shouldn't have any merit to them whatsoever or people will think you are partially serious (which I suspect a small part of him was). If you re-read my earlier post I said in genuine surprise after I read your post praising the game that I didn't realise it was a serious suggestion until that point.

Am I still your Robin by the way? ;)
lol, I really, really doubt he thinks it was anywhere close to being the greatest game of cricket to ever be played. No idea how you can think that it was anything but a joke option tbh.

Sorry about the tone (I actually edited it and toned it down :ph34r:), I thought you were comparing the Netherlands and IPL games and just rubbishing the latter without even watching it, which I found pretty annoying.

ajdude

International Coach
nah best in 2013 was that ODI where india and australia made a billion runs and rohit made a double ton and faulkner tonned up and dhawan made fun of watson

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
lol, I really, really doubt he thinks it was anywhere close to being the greatest game of cricket to ever be played. No idea how you can think that it was anything but a joke option tbh.

Sorry about the tone (I actually edited it and toned it down :ph34r:), I thought you were comparing the Netherlands and IPL games and just rubbishing the latter without even watching it, which I found pretty annoying.
Good post.
I accept that it was meant to be a joke especially since he says it was. I still think I can be forgiven for thinking part of him was serious given his favourable opinion of the game and I hope he reads my advice about future irrelevant third options (making fun of Flem is always a winner).

You didn't misunderstand my post either I was being an IPL snob truth be told which must be annoying and tiring for fans of that league. I will watch myself in the future. Cheers Daemon thanks again for your conciliatory post.

Daemon

:laugh: Literally had "in b4 ipl sucks" typed out before I decided against posting it because I thought nobody would make such an easy joke.

OverratedSanity

Good post.
I accept that it was meant to be a joke especially since he says it was. I still think I can be forgiven for thinking part of him was serious given his favourable opinion of the game and I hope he reads my advice about future irrelevant third options (making fun of Flem is always a winner).

You didn't misunderstand my post either I was being an IPL snob truth be told which must be annoying and tiring for fans of that league. I will watch myself in the future. Cheers Daemon thanks again for your conciliatory post.
Look, there are many things that make cricket matches great but the most important criteria is obviously that the match needs to have Shane Watson almost reduced to tears. So by that criteria I have no shame in saying that MI vs RR and the Dhawan-mocks-twatto are the two greatest cricket matches of all time. Kolkata 2001?meh. Edgbaston 05? Pshhhh. Tied test? Not even close

I regret nothing.

Last edited:

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Really loved the Eng vs SL second test. I've said the '99 Batbados test, or the '01 Kolkata's the best I've seen many times, but I think the Headingley test the other week is right up there.

Last edited:

Zinzan

funny u indian boys have forgotten about this match. the only game that i can think of where all 4 results were possible on the last ball of the match.

3rd Test: India v West Indies at Mumbai, Nov 22-26, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
For all intents and purposes, not really. WI could not have won on the last ball unless if was a stumping off a wide or a run out off a no-ball as India were 8 down at that point and became 9 down with the run-out off the last ball.

DingDong

State Captain
For all intents and purposes, not really. WI could not have won on the last ball unless if was a stumping off a wide or a run out off a no-ball as India were 8 down at that point and became 9 down with the run-out off the last ball.
yeah so what ur saying is that all 4 results WERE possible :ph34r: