• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great Dhoni

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And what was the need to Bring Sachin into this?
Hb,you seriously seem to have some problem with Sachin.

Dhoni does the same for India many times too keeping the best bowlers over back a bit and did the same in the WC final with ZAK when he kept bowling Sreesanth when a wicket fell to get his overs finished rather than ball ZAK to take another wicket.

Dhoni is a overall a better captain than Sachin,no doubt but don't think this point is relevant to the debate we were having here.
lol.. I have been making this point about Sanga's captaincy all over the WC subforum, but you only seem to notice posts about Sachin so maybe that's why you think I have something against him... :p

And yes, I do have something against his captaincy.. He is just bad at it. :)

And Shri is still posting about posters than the topic... At least my so-called irrelevant posts relate to cricket than random dudes posting on an internet board. :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
All is still right with the world. hb still making irrelevant posts.:p
Irrelevant to bring up how good Dhoni's captaincy in a thread about how great Dhoni is? Or you just still dazed about our win last night and can't read stuff properly? :p

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni is a fantastic captain in the shorter formats. We've seen that captaincy in ODIs and T20s is all about keeping things uncomplicated, and creating an environment for your best players to shine, which is exactly what Dhoni does.

Need to see more of him as a Test captain on some testing away tours to judge that aspect of his captaincy better, but his Test captaincy comes across as a bit defensive so far. That is understandable given the weakness of India's attack, but perhaps he overdoes it at times (e.g. 3rd Test in SA).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dhoni is a fantastic captain in the shorter formats. We've seen that captaincy in ODIs and T20s is all about keeping things uncomplicated, and creating an environment for your best players to shine, which is exactly what Dhoni does.

Need to see more of him as a Test captain on some testing away tours to judge that aspect of his captaincy better, but his Test captaincy comes across as a bit defensive so far. That is understandable given the weakness of India's attack, but perhaps he overdoes it at times (e.g. 3rd Test in SA).
Defensive captaincy does not always equate to bad captaincy when you don't have the resources to attack. At least, that is how I tend to see it.

Blaze 18

Banned

This.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Dhoni taking a Test series off rather than a ODI series might be a little bit disappointing, but frankly if someone took a complete 3-month break from cricket at the current time (and I don't mean missing-out on massive bucks in the IPL - it's basic common-sense that the greater the reward, the more you push yourself to reach it and care less about exhaustion) I'd not find it either terribly surprising or much wrong with.
Richard seems like a pretty sensible, unbiased guy.