• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gibbs To Face Up

C_C

International Captain
Wonder what would happen if the delhi police 'charged' him with something.
Talk about chaos in the cricket world.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Surely if he was guilty of anything he wouldn't be willing to travel to India?
It has taken 6 years for him to realize that he is not guilty.

I hope all just gets forgotten and let him concentrate and play the game he loves Herschelle is one of the most wonderful batsmen to watch when he has a clear consounce so lets keep him that way

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IMO he did himself no favours by opting out of the 04/05 tours. It does nothing to help clear his name if he is being accused of match fixing. If he knew he wasn't guilty, why he didn't go and have his name cleared is beyond me. Fingers Crossed though he is allowed to concentrate on cricket!

archie mac

International Coach
Clapo said:
IMO he did himself no favours by opting out of the 04/05 tours. It does nothing to help clear his name if he is being accused of match fixing. If he knew he wasn't guilty, why he didn't go and have his name cleared is beyond me. Fingers Crossed though he is allowed to concentrate on cricket!
Prisons and history is filled with innocent people who were unjustly convicted

C_C

International Captain
If he is guilty however/Delhi Police has compelling evidence against him, i do hope that they dont be spineless about it and instead arrests him. If not, let him go on with his life in peace.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
AussieDominance said:
I hope all just gets forgotten and let him concentrate and play the game he loves Herschelle is one of the most wonderful batsmen to watch when he has a clear consounce so lets keep him that way
Is he more wonderful to watch than Azhar ?

C_C

International Captain
Sanz said:
Is he more wonderful to watch than Azhar ?
Not even close. Azhar had the Mark Waugh-ish quality of playing so so elegantly.
Mr wrists.
Gibbs-crash bang whallop. Effective and attractive if you care only about the sight of a ball racing to the fence. But not elegant at all.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
CC you missed Sanz' point :p

Azhar was great to watch, but he was guilty so has to be punished. Whether Gibbs is awesome to watch or not, if he's guilty of whatever he is suspected from, he must be punished, despite the like for his batting by many.