• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gayle the Mercenary

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
For the record, I obviously dislike what Gayle's said about test cricket, as seen in what I said in this post when he wasn't picked up in an IPL auction:

But I think I'd reserve "hatred" of cricketers to match fixers and what not, not guys who prefer making ****loads of cash than playing tests.

Last edited by a moderator:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For the record, I obviously dislike what Gayle's said about test cricket, as seen in what I said in this post when he wasn't picked up in an IPL auction:

But I think I'd reserve "hatred" of cricketers to match fixers and what not, not guys who prefer making ****loads of cash than playing tests.
I reserve my hatred for ****s like you.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
You'll hate me more for this now ****.

The biggest douchebag in this gif is not Chris Gayle. In fact he's third. Virat Kohli is so far ahead in first, Gayle takes bronze.

Never had an issue with Gayle, incidentally. I don't care for him, I'm not a big fan..but he lives life how he wants to live it. Lives a party boy life, plays a bit of cricket, hits a few big balls, shags a few women, sees a few cities, makes big bucks for it.

The idea of Test cricket being the pinnacle may be a lot of peoples' viewpoint but it doesn't have to be his.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ravindra Jadeja would do well to follow Chris Gayle's footsteps and become a full-time cricket mercenary. That's a lot better for him.
Arachnodouche said:
in what universe are those yellow glasses cool?
Where any of Ramesh Powar's shades are excusable.

smash84

The Tiger King
The biggest douchebag in this gif is not Chris Gayle. In fact he's third. Virat Kohli is so far ahead in first, Gayle takes bronze.

Never had an issue with Gayle, incidentally. I don't care for him, I'm not a big fan..but he lives life how he wants to live it. Lives a party boy life, plays a bit of cricket, hits a few big balls, shags a few women, sees a few cities, makes big bucks for it.

The idea of Test cricket being the pinnacle may be a lot of peoples' viewpoint but it doesn't have to be his.
ermm why Chris Gayle is so far behind Kohli? Care to explain?

The biggest problem with Gayle is that he doesn't seem serious about cricket (which is his job and he should be doing to the best of his ability). In other words he comes across as a slacker.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
He has plenty of fun, acts like a bit of a **** and makes a damn good buck while he's at it. Anyone who says they wouldn't happily do the same is lying imo.

ganeshran

International Debutant
If Gayle is not playing for WI, its not him alone that should take all the blame. The WICB should also cop some of the blame for treating him like ****. In the 90s he would have taken their high handed attitute lying down but now with cricketers having other choices where they can make just as much money as playing for the international side, its natural that he went for it.

Though Gayle would never had played Test cricket for long even if he was playing for windies, but thats his personal choice to prefer whichever format he deems beneficial for his financial future.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
There shouldn't be much of a fuss over him to begin with. Not like he's some unimpeachable second coming of Viv Richards or Brian Lara. A slogger that comes good once in a while, and has brainfarts the rest of the time.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Lol Pollard is a slogger. Yusuf Pathan is a slogger. Not Gayle. You don't score 5-6 100s in T20 cricket in a year if you are just a slogger. A ****ing good batsman who has been chucked out of the national team just when he hit his prime as a batsman imo. WI's loss.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm correct in saying Gayle's currently not playing for the WI because he criticised the board, and he refuses to retract those statements, yes? So....it's nothing really new is it? I suppose Gayle's the first person to go around making **** loads of money playing T20 cricket while he's in exile but...It's a huge bummer that such a talented player isn't playing international cricket, but you know, 'He's the anti-cricket'? No he ain't. I mean, is Boycott the anti-cricket for quitting international cricket cause he hated Denness? Is Bradman the anti-cricket because he threatened to quit cricket because he signed a deal with a paper that the ACB didn't approve of? What about the Aus players who quit international cricket to go play club cricket in england? A few guys have just been done for match fixing remember...

Last edited: