• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funniest moment of the cup

V Reddy

International Debutant
But do they hit sixes though? They may hit once in 20-30 matches. But when Sehwag is on 50 then he would have definately hit a six over point or gully. I remember a six he hit of NZ in NZ which went a long way and have seen quite a few in the WC too.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
krkode said:
I dunno if this is really funny, but from what I saw, Tendulkar's hitting of Akhtar for 6 cut shot made me laugh out - giggles of pleasure :D
Anyone hitting that over-rated tart for six makes me laugh!

Cloete

International Captain
i thought that dancing baby was pretty funny. but that double-bouncer by andre adams tops it. one that's not so much laughable funny but still funny is john davison!!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Billy Bowden as an ICC Umpire is soooo watered down.
I remember a few years back when he produced some real cracker 4 & 6 signals.
I think he'll still do it at NZ domestic level, but im afraid you won't see the best of Billy on the international stage.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
I think he'll still do it at NZ domestic level, but im afraid you won't see the best of Billy on the international stage.
I've never seen him :(

V Reddy

International Debutant
Tim said:
I think he was performing those while entering the presentation ceremony of the WC final while he was about to receive a momento. The camera didn't focus on him but he was just about visible while he was entering the podium.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Billy is a good umpire and im pleased he's probably going to make the elite panel.

He made a few shockers against the Indian team when they were here in December/Jan but certain so callled 'elite' umpires were not that good in the World Cup either.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eyes_Only said:
The funniest thing about this World Cup for me was Billy Bowden's signalling!! :D
do you actually watch the cricket?? or just the umpires :P

Isam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Wat....none of u guys saw the bangladesh v sri lanka or the bangladesh v canada or the bangladesh v....hope u get it!!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Isam said:
Wat....none of u guys saw the bangladesh v sri lanka or the bangladesh v canada or the bangladesh v....hope u get it!!
The duck did :

Bangladesh v Canada
Breadcrumb moment - Davis Joseph (Canada) - with sincere apologies to all at the Canadian Cricket Association

Our Canadian guest commentator writes : "Davis Joseph delivers his slider over the plate to pinch-hitter Mohammad Al-Sahariar. He attempts to line drive the puck into the bleachers but only succeeds in finding the glove of replacement wide-receiver Abdool Samad and is out for just 9 home runs from 18 pitches. The look on the face of sticks-minder Ashish Bagai is a joy to behold."

DD writes : It is the first wicket taken by Canada in World Cup cricket since 1979.

Bangladesh v Sri Lanka
Ehsanul Haque (Bangladesh)

Chaminda Vaas is opening the bowling from the Duzi End. Ehsanul Haque takes guard to the third ball of the day - a delightful inswinger...
<luckyeddie> Are you using automatic commentary-writing software, Devil Ducky?
<DD> zzzzzzzzzzzz.
....... from the Colts CC leftie. Ehsanul Haque thinks "We've been here before. I know just what to do...". Actually, we haven't. It's there for the drive, but pushed across the batsman a little. Ehsanul thinks about a slash through the covers (perhaps he should have gone before he came out to bat) but eventually decides to push down the line. The ball takes the outside edge and flies to Mahela Jayawardene at second slip. HAT TRICK!!!!! Cue the bowler to run around like a lemon playing 'Aeroplanes'. Wait a tick. HAT TRICK!!!! HAT TRICK!!! More to the point, THREE DUCKS!!! Bangladesh don't need me to tell them they are in trouble big-time. Chaminda Vaas thinks this wicket is a Duzi.
DD rating - 9 lilypads (Nathan Astle, your moment in the sun has ended)

Bangladesh v West Indies
Breadcrumb moment - the slip cordon (West Indies)

Once again, we turn to modern technology in order to bring you the cricket from just about as close as it gets. Today, we use the DevilDucky stump-mic (pat pending) to give you a feel of what it is like to be part of the camaraderie of a 'team within a team' - the West Indian slip cordon.

Second over
<Carl Hooper> Looks like rain, lads. I reckon Duckworth-Lewis might come into the equation a little later in the day. Now keep on your toes and for goodness sake don't drop anything. I'm looking at you, Crystal.
<<<snick>>>
<Chris Gayle> (for it is he) Oops, sorry skip. The sun was in my eyes a bit I think and the ball's a bit slippy.
<Carl> OK, Chris. Bad luck. These things happen. Now remember what I told you the other day - if you are fielding at second slip, watch the ball from the bowlers hand. Don't watch the edge of the bat - that's what great first-slippers (like me) do.
<Chris> Right, skip. Thanks for the advice. (shouts) Sorry, Vasbert.
<Vasbert Drakes> mutter, mutter, brown eyes'll be black and blue if you do it again mutter mutter.

Third over
<Carl> I've had second thoughts, Chris. You go to first slip and I'll stand at second. Now watch the edge of the bat - watch the edge of the bat all the time. Let your reactions do the rest - like the other day when Brian told you it was your round - and you'd just gone to the toilet.
<Chris> Righto - I've got it. Watch the edge of the bat, watch the edge of the bat, watch the edge of the bat, watch th....
<<<snick>>>
<Carl> ...e edge of the bat what am I doing, what am I doing?
<Mervyn Dillon> Bad luck, skipper.
<Chris> (snigger) Yes, bad luck, skip.
<Carl> Don't just stand there saying 'watch the edge of the bat, you pudding.'
<Chris> (barely containing himself) sorry.
<Merv> If you drop another one off me you'll end up with a bigger gap in your front teeth than... (fades into the distance)

Sixth over
<Carl> Feel any rain in the air?
<Chris> I think I felt a few spots. Nothing to worry about though. Just a drop....
<<<snick>>>
<Carl> Oops.
<Chris> (crying with laughter) B-b-b-bad luck, skip. Would you be happier going back to first?
<Carl> I thought that you were going for that one
<Chris> It was yours
<Carl> I mean, I thought Ridley was going for it...
<Chris and Ridley Jacobs together> No, skip - it was yours.....
Carl plods forlornly after the ball.
<Vasbert> Bad luck skip (turns to walk back to his mark) **** ******* **** **** Hooper wouldn't have ******* happened if I'd been captain. Idiot'd be down at third man where he...
<Carl> What was that, Vas?
<Vasbert> Nothing, skipper.
<Carl> Let's swop again, Chris. I think you've learned your lesson now.
<Chris> (whispers) ****.
<Carl> What?
<Chris> OK, skip. No problem.
<<<snick>>>
<Chris> HOWZZZZAAAAAATTTTTT?

etc etc etc.