• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funniest moment of the cup

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
for me it was that dancing baby, every time they showed that on pay tv i laughed my head off.
the on field side of things i found South Africa's miscalculation pretty funny. but i guess SAF supporters wouldnt have!

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
<quack> If I say so myself, I thought the funniest incident(s) of the World Cup were summed up perfectly as follows :

Breadcrumb moment - Andre Adams (New Zealand) v Andy Bichel (Australia)

Bichel and Bevan have done it again, rescuing Australia from disgrace and disaster. The Kiwis turn to Adams in order to break the stubborn partnership.

Andre comes charging in to bowl to Andy. Which of his secret weapons will it be? Ah, number 23, the back of the hand thing. The ball hits the bowler on the toe before bouncing again half way down the track. There is a resounding <<<Th-wack>>> and the ball is deposited in the crowd.

Andre comes charging in to bowl to Andy. Which of his secret weapons will it be? Ah, number 24, the back of the head thing. The ball hits the batsman on the head before bouncing again half way down the road. There is a resounding <<<Th-Waqar>>> and the batsman is deposited in the dirt.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I think Andre Adams double bouncer to Andy Bichel was probably the most unco ball I have ever seen at international level let alone any level.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Tim said:
Yeah I think Andre Adams double bouncer to Andy Bichel was probably the most unco ball I have ever seen at international level let alone any level.
Haven't you seen the Anil Kumble dismissal in the Ind-Nz one day series ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

The funniest moment was when Younis Khan skipped across to hit a ball which was about 5 feet wide of the pitch for 4 runs (with a perfectly executed cover drive ;)) The bowler was the legendary Snyman, I think. It was very entertaining.

krkode

State Captain
vishnureddy said:
Haven't you seen the Anil Kumble dismissal in the Ind-Nz one day series ;)
What happened?

The only double bouncer I ever saw was Phil Tuffnel to Craig McMillan. The ball stops mid-pitch, McMillan steps out and belts it for 4 :P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
krkode said:
The only double bouncer I ever saw was Phil Tuffnel to Craig McMillan.
Haven't spent much time coaching juniors, have you? ;)

(Or watching me trying to bowl short ones... :))

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the adams vs bichel incident

waquar getting told that he cant bowl in the game again

macillan with tape over his mouth

anotherr double bouncer incidnt was in the ashes to slater i think again off tuffnel, it stopped off the pitch, slater went over, stood next to it and practiced golf like swings and ventually he lined it up and cracked it for 4

Simon

when Matt Hayden fell over while running between the wickets was pretty funny too.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Anil Kumble's hilarious dismissal in Wellington will go down as one of the all-time greats.

I think the bowler was Andre Adams once again, and he bowled the slowest delivery at international level I have ever seen I swear it must have been going around 30 k's, if that.

Kumble played the cover shot about 3 times before it got to him & then he stepped on his stumps and was given out.

But that wasn't a World Cup moment..for me Andre Adams & his attempted slowerball/bouncer was the funniest moment.

V Reddy

International Debutant
At that time, Adams tried to bowl a bouncer and it pitched in his half of the pitch and went high up in the air and it was above head height but it was very slow. Anil thought it was fast bouncer coming straight at him then while ducking he moved away off the stumps and then he realised that it was coming straight onto his stumps. He hit the stumps with his bat while playing the ball. The ball had a U angle upside down.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah thats right, as Kumble moved back he hit the stumps with his bat attempting a third shot at it.
sorry i thought he walked back onto his stumps.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
That sounds like the stupidest dismissal I have ever seen or heard of :lol: :lol: Couldn't catch the NZ series on the telly and so missed out on that....

krkode

State Captain
I dunno if this is really funny, but from what I saw, Tendulkar's hitting of Akhtar for 6 cut shot made me laugh out - giggles of pleasure :D

V Reddy

International Debutant
krkode said:
I dunno if this is really funny, but from what I saw, Tendulkar's hitting of Akhtar for 6 cut shot made me laugh out - giggles of pleasure :D
Sehwag plays that shot very very well. He hit a lot of sixes of that shot in NZ and continued it in the world cup also. That shot of Mcgrath was one of the flattest sixes i have seen. For me the moment was after Brett Lee hit him on the Glouves and laughed at him then Sehwag looked at him straight back and hit a couple of fours in that over. Brett didn't even have a look at him.:D

Mr Mxyzptlk

vishnureddy said:
Sehwag plays that shot very very well.
Gayle, Gilchrist and also execute that shot to great effect. It's a wonderful shot. Jacobs is another good player of that shot.

krkode

State Captain
Klusner plays it well too. I remember he belted Akram for six in that style last world cup...

AA also plays that shot to perfection... :P

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Another one was when Brendon McCullum tried to do a scoop shot against one of the West Indians bowlers & the ball came off his bat, into his helmet & he was almost caught behind.