• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it wasn’t much of a race out front but wow that was entertaining as all hell. Two blokes who I was rooting for both to have a good result today having an epic battle for the podium and it being decided by 0.053s?! Amazing stuff from both drivers but damn you’ve really got to give it to Fernando.

Norris is right now as in form as Verstappen possibly, he’s blowing me away every race - wonder what the record for most 2nds in a career without a win is? Great to see Stroll up there too - not a big fan of daddy’s boy but good on him. Meh days from Ferrari and Merc especially - Leclerc is right though, he’s one of the unluckiest drivers I’ve witnessed. Speaking of bad luck - rip both the Aussies, what might’ve been for both - Ricciardo finishing 8s up the road from Piastri was cool to see. Solid jobs from Alpine and Tsunoda.

Edit: After checking Norris has tied Hulkenberg after this race for most podiums without a win (13). 7 second places, 6 of them this season.

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking like Monza perhaps with Ferrari in quali, but a battle with Max in the race. McLaren seem nowhere and now its Aston on the rise. Wtf @ Red Bull with Perez in Q2 smh. Hamilton no pace compared to Russell this weekend apparently. Great jobs by Williams, Gasly, Bottas and Magnussen.

Also interesting fact - Albon currently 21–0 vs Sargeant in quali, if he completes the sweep it will be the first time since Verstappen did it to him in 2020.

Flem274*

123/5
The stupid time of the race locally means it's gonna be great for us.

I hope Logan Sargeant can pull in a result this season. All the top tier talent in America seems to stay in America so it would be good for one to slip through to a European series.

That or get Newgarden in there.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Bloody hell Sergio again? But was a great race from him though, did not expect him to be fighting for the lead/podium - not sure why they didn’t tell Max to just let him in DRS range tbh. And we actually got to see a fair bit of fighting for the lead - makes a nice change. Also Sainz had a bit of a weird one. Expected to see him clear out the other early stoppers and follow Perez but it never manifested.

Awesome races for Ocon and Stroll after the Lap 1 shenanigans, quite well done. Unfortunate for Gasly and Williams who also didn’t stop under SC with tyre wear. Alpha and Alfa with no pace. Haas rip in race trim as usual.

First race in a while where Norris hasn’t had an awesome run sadly, good on Piastri for salvaging a point.

The stupid time of the race locally means it's gonna be great for us.

I hope Logan Sargeant can pull in a result this season. All the top tier talent in America seems to stay in America so it would be good for one to slip through to a European series.

That or get Newgarden in there.
Ha that was always a longshot for Sargeant.

Molehill

International Captain
Didn't see that coming. One last hurrah in a half decent car? He's obviously decided Merc are miles off being competitive and he's only got about 3 or 4 years left.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm beginning to wonder if it's performance of compensation based.

The extension did take forever to be for only 2 years. It's a bit early to be performance based.

Guess I'm a Ferrari fan for the first time since Michael failed to beat Fernando.

Flem274*

123/5
Silly season has been wild for all 3 motorsports I follow. Chip Ganassi ran over someone's dog and his daughter came out against him, Kostecki the reigning champion left his team with no explanation and now Lewis turns red.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Red Bull's Christian Horner is under investigation following allegations of inappropriate behaviour.

Horner denies the allegations.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Red Bull's Christian Horner is under investigation following allegations of inappropriate behaviour.

Horner denies the allegations.
Which ever way it goes, unless Newey is going with him, I can't see this impacting the team's performance.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Silly season has been wild for all 3 motorsports I follow. Chip Ganassi ran over someone's dog and his daughter came out against him, Kostecki the reigning champion left his team with no explanation and now Lewis turns red.
I know right, these offseasons have been incredibly crazy. (I’m going to follow WEC too this year but they were quite tame). I’ll be devestated for Chaz if he somehow doesn’t win a race again - Ford still looked inferior (not as bad as last year) Cam had one of the worst weekends of his life and Erebus and DJR both looked distinctly midfield. Frosty and BJR gotta sort out their quali and Golding is taking over Pye’s spot as Mr. Unlucky. Stanaway also isn’t a ****show yet so that was cool.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like the gap between Verstappen and Perez is getting even bigger, we’ll see how the start of the season goes but I’d hate to be a Perez fan rn.

Looks like all those whingers about RB may have had some point after all, they do look pretty good.

Molehill

International Captain
Looks like the gap between Verstappen and Perez is getting even bigger, we’ll see how the start of the season goes but I’d hate to be a Perez fan rn.

Looks like all those whingers about RB may have had some point after all, they do look pretty good.
It's going to be another Verstappen procession. The only bloke in a car that can compete with him wouldn't win a kart race on a Stag Do!!

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
It's going to be another Verstappen procession. The only bloke in a car that can compete with him wouldn't win a kart race on a Stag Do!!
I do so hope if Perez is **** and hustled out (looking more and more likely) they get Danny Ric and Lawson respectively in there as soon as possible.. But then of course Ricciardo will have trouble adjusting to the Red Bull from the RB and will be worse than Perez.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah every second driver they have had has struggled in recent years. Albon and Gasly are both clearly good but were just as bad as Perez has been.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I think they should chase Carlos Sainz. He's fast, undervalued and intelligent. Sainz might fancy a crack at George Russell tho, since George Russell isn't champion material imo. I rate Sainz higher.

Being #2 as a young driver to an experienced driver hitting his prime is always a grim place to be. It's no surprise Albon especially faltered. Perez wasn't a bad pick but it was based on one race. The guy is incredible on his day, but he had some derpy **** at Force India too. I finally watched DTS over the summer and it reminded me how up and down he has always been. That's not ideal for a #2 to be.

Danny Ric is there because he's popular on Netflix, and I say this as a fan who thinks he is underrated and pushing it uphill because he's not from one of the right countries. He's still good enough to be competent in a lower team, but so are like 50 other drivers in the world.

Anyway, I hope Piastri topples Norris this season. He fired some warning shots last year. He might be the best talent I've seen emerge from Australia in my life, and ofc he almost ended up benched at Alpine forever. Australians have to be so much better than the standard to even make it to F1.