• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forgotten Players

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
- Hemang Badani
- Amit Bhandari
- Ajay Ratra
- Azhar Mehmood
- Saqlain Mushtaq

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Cameron Cuffy
Kerry Jeremy
Cuffy played in the Lancashire league last season for Nelson, taking 58 wickets at 17.3 and scoring 294 runs @21.0.

Kerry Jeremy played in the Lancashire league for Burnley (48w@21.3, 269r@14.1)

Nagamootoo also played a few games in the LL last season.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
D Cork - cheated out of his rightful place as heir to the Botham legacy.

<quack> That, and being rubbish

Link

State Vice-Captain
Ed Smith
Ian Blackwell (scored a big hundred today)
James Kirtley
Chris Schofield
Richard Johnson (injury ridden)
Rikki Clarke
James Troughton (suposed to be the next big thing)
Anthony McGrath
Richard Dawson (good season last year)
Owais Shah

to name a few

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
- Hemang Badani
- Amit Bhandari
- Ajay Ratra
- Azhar Mehmood
- Saqlain Mushtaq
i wont say that the only one in your list that is forgotten in that list mate is Ratra becuase i think Badani is in the Indian selectors thoughts somwhat, Mahmood played in the VB series recently, while Saqlain is injured & still has a chance of being back in the pakistani lineup since he's still young & along with Kaneria both could form a lethal spin combination for them

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Arrow said:
What happened to Mohamid Zaheed?
i think he last played for pakistan againts SA in January 2003 just before the world cup in a match when both gibbs & smith had a huge opening partnership

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What's Saqlain's injury? How serious is it?

Back in the mid-90s Saqlain was one of my favourite bowlers around. Its so unfortunate that he hasn't even come close IMO to meeting his potential, especially in the ODI game where I believed he was an amazing talent.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Link said:
Ed Smith
James Kirtley
Chris Schofield
Richard Johnson (injury ridden)
Rikki Clarke
James Troughton (suposed to be the next big thing)
Anthony McGrath
Richard Dawson (good season last year)
Owais Shah

to name a few
i think shaw has been batting well of late & has probably brought himself back into the england selectors thoughts again

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
i'm cant remember how serious the lads injury is but i think he will be out for a while & wont be playing for surrey anytime soon

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jono said:

Back in the mid-90s Saqlain was one of my favourite bowlers around. Its so unfortunate that he hasn't even come close IMO to meeting his potential, especially in the ODI game where I believed he was an amazing talent.
There's an interview with him in this month's Spin magazine; he's grown a god-awful Hashim Amla-esque beard (see the Bearded XI thread for its full horror) but is bowling in the Oval's indoor nets off 3 or 4 paces. He said he's aiming for "early April" (interviewed on 04/03/05) which is kinda now! His original injury was his knee locking up & the operation involved a hole being drilled in his kneecap! 12 weeks on crutches. Yikes! :wacko:

He won't be back for Surrey tho, 'cos they've signed Harbhajan. Might be a bit much to put him straight back into the Pakistan team for The Windies, so I guess he's up for grabs.

As an Englishman it's nice to see his son was born here, so in twenty years time we could have Saqlain jnr spinning away for us! :happy:

Link

State Vice-Captain
aussie said:
i think shaw has been batting well of late & has probably brought himself back into the england selectors thoughts again
he played well for middlesex last year. I think what your talking about is an 'A' game recently when he done well with the bat and ball. Its all good having good matches but is he going to put his foot further in the door than the likes or pietersen, bell and key, not to mention butcher

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Arjun said:
Thanks.....didn't know he was that good- at least he had a good ODI record.

But what happened to that other Sajeewa de Silva? The one who played against Bangladesh and SA?
If you mean This one I think he got dropped for some reason, but he's still playing in the Sri Lankan domestic league and has had a fairly average last few seasons averaging high-20s with the ball.

tooextracool

International Coach
honestbharani said:
Sujith Somasundar(
i dont know about you, but i think the best thing that could have happened to him would have been if he gave up playing cricket. hes easily the worst batsman to ever hold a bat ive seen, and that was when he was supposedly in the form of his life too.
its players like these that make rikki clarke look good.

twctopcat

International Regular
southern man said:
Ronnie Irani?
Pretty much only got near the England outfit because he was best mates with Hussain as he says about in his book, was definitely not international standard IMO.

twctopcat

International Regular
Link said:
On the batters paradise at taunton. Don't know what to make of him when he scores like this, i immediately think s*ite bowling.