• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ford: The new coach of india announced!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If it is because the BCCI won't buy out his contract (that happened with the ECB when we appointed Fletcher - they wouldn't buy out his Glamorgan contract and we bumbled threough the NZ series with a caretaker coach.)
Thought it was just that Duncan wanted to see-out the job at Glam. :huh:

adharcric

International Coach
Sources in Indian television report that Embrey has turned down the job citing poor Indian bowling and that he feels they will burn out and lose heavily to Australia in December and the new year.
That's awesome - he seems like a **** coach.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Blown way out of proportion for mine, particularly with some of the posts in this thread. So he declined the job, not exactly such a big deal, and its not the rarest of occurances. I reckon its only because the coaching position of India has come under so much controversy in recent times that its being made into such a big issue.

Will be interesting to see which direction they go from here. Whether they'll restart, and have new interviews... will be interesting to see.
I think that the point that pskov makes is pretty relevant too. It's a huge move to make with no real job security, if it is only a one year deal.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Man I always get owned. I knew I was going to be with this statement, but this early, I didn't expect :-O.
dont worry Turb....ur never-ending optimism, faith and loyalty to india overshadows you getting owned IMHO...so dont worry! :)

(BUT..lol....its quite funny! :laugh: )

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think that the point that pskov makes is pretty relevant too. It's a huge move to make with no real job security, if it is only a one year deal.

I am sure that what Sanz and pskov have said are the main reasons why Ford has declined the offer and yet, I just think that the pressure that comes with this job and the fact that he will have to handle some egos and inflexibility in the dressing room would have also played a small part.

I just don't think too many people will queue up to coach India now. For starters, we have someone like Sachin, who, for some reason or the other, is wildly protective of his spot in the batting order..... We have someone like Sourav who is finding it hard to score as quickly as he used to do but still wants to make big runs, even though it sometimes adversedly impacts his own team... We have someone like Dravid who is finding it difficult to lay down the law because of the nature of his senior colleagues.... We have someone like Sehwag, who seemed to be the one guy who was part of each one of the seniors' gang, now struggling and going through a phase where he is totally confused about how he should approach his cricket.... We have someone like Yuvraj who seems to be throwing away all the promise he showed in the two years under Greg Chappell and who is still finding it a struggle in the test arena.... We have someone like Laxman who, for no real fault of his, is finding himself out of the side and who, if picked, is again someone who is finding it difficult to be the dominating batsman that India needs him to be...... We have youngsters like Gambhir, Uthappa and Raina who are all confused about how they should play and how they shouldn't.... We have someone like Kaif who never really fared poorly in test matches and yet seems out of the picture now.... We have someone like Harbhajan who seems to have forgotten that spin bowling is supposed to be a wicket taking art..... We have medium pacers who get injured every third match..... And most of all, we are having to put out on park a team that is like 10 times worse as a fielding team than the second worst fielding team....

ADD to it the fact that BCCI is easily the most unprofessional amongst the cricket bodies around the world and the fact that we have factors other than cricketing merit decide team selections....

I am telling u guys it is not a surprise that ppl aren't queuing up for this job.

Craig

World Traveller
I am sure that what Sanz and pskov have said are the main reasons why Ford has declined the offer and yet, I just think that the pressure that comes with this job and the fact that he will have to handle some egos and inflexibility in the dressing room would have also played a small part.

I just don't think too many people will queue up to coach India now. For starters, we have someone like Sachin, who, for some reason or the other, is wildly protective of his spot in the batting order..... We have someone like Sourav who is finding it hard to score as quickly as he used to do but still wants to make big runs, even though it sometimes adversedly impacts his own team... We have someone like Dravid who is finding it difficult to lay down the law because of the nature of his senior colleagues.... We have someone like Sehwag, who seemed to be the one guy who was part of each one of the seniors' gang, now struggling and going through a phase where he is totally confused about how he should approach his cricket.... We have someone like Yuvraj who seems to be throwing away all the promise he showed in the two years under Greg Chappell and who is still finding it a struggle in the test arena.... We have someone like Laxman who, for no real fault of his, is finding himself out of the side and who, if picked, is again someone who is finding it difficult to be the dominating batsman that India needs him to be...... We have youngsters like Gambhir, Uthappa and Raina who are all confused about how they should play and how they shouldn't.... We have someone like Kaif who never really fared poorly in test matches and yet seems out of the picture now.... We have someone like Harbhajan who seems to have forgotten that spin bowling is supposed to be a wicket taking art..... We have medium pacers who get injured every third match..... And most of all, we are having to put out on park a team that is like 10 times worse as a fielding team than the second worst fielding team....

ADD to it the fact that BCCI is easily the most unprofessional amongst the cricket bodies around the world and the fact that we have factors other than cricketing merit decide team selections....

I am telling u guys it is not a surprise that ppl aren't queuing up for this job.
Yep, top post.

Nishant

International 12th Man

spot on..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Certainly a very possible Afridi.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
For anyone whos married the Ford situation doesnt seem to unbelievable.

I can just imagine him coming home

"Hi Honey, I forgot to mention I got the job as coach of India where I travel all the time and we will be based in India".

"You what! You can forget about that. Im happy and how am I supposed to keep upto date with Eastenders? If you go you go alone" :)

Has all the hallmarks of a wifes intervention.

FRAZ

International Captain
Great News !! Really Nikamme ? I know folks at GS must be celebrating it big time with Ehsan distributing sweets in the streets of London and Anis in Minnesota.
Sick mentality !!
Thats all I can say !!!

FRAZ

International Captain
Good News for Cricket because not another Coach going to get his effigies burnt after giving an honest opinion to his Captain.

:
I believe that this should have been one of the basic concerns in Ford's mind . OK !!! I will say that criticism is there and actually it is every where but there is a difference between doing criticism occasionally and meaningfully and another way is this media bull bull bull over exaggerated &*** . And problem is that if some one points out then some super natural web heroes just start pointing out the problems of others and with comparison to their personal huge Everest sized stool specimen they try to match the 50 g average Joeish &*** of others ....
Well Media !! once again ,Cant believe that it can get that little ****** outta so called engineers and computer technicians and software engineers !!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
I guess that one of the worst recent cases of media exaggeration was this Woolmer case where some ******** tv stations were forcing the BS in the people's mind with sugar coated poisonous stories . And what happened you BS Mr and Mrs Ajtak ? Woolmer wasn't murdered and the countrymen who are like mythical villains in one's mind proved to be innocent !!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I guess that one of the worst recent cases of media exaggeration was this Woolmer case where some ******** tv stations were forcing the BS in the people's mind with sugar coated poisonous stories . And what happened you BS Mr and Mrs Ajtak ? Woolmer wasn't murdered and the countrymen who are like mythical villains in one's mind proved to be innocent !!!
Aajtak is not a great channel but they didn't make up the Woolmer story, there were just doing their job, so please stop being the idiot.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I believe that this should have been one of the basic concerns in Ford's mind . OK !!! I will say that criticism is there and actually it is every where but there is a difference between doing criticism occasionally and meaningfully and another way is this media bull bull bull over exaggerated &*** . And problem is that if some one points out then some super natural web heroes just start pointing out the problems of others and with comparison to their personal huge Everest sized stool specimen they try to match the 50 g average Joeish &*** of others ....
Well Media !! once again ,Cant believe that it can get that little ****** outta so called engineers and computer technicians and software engineers !!!!
It was hard to beat Nikema(Bouncer's) post, but you managed to do that. Congratulations !! You just went back and re-discovered the real Fraz, the Fraz that was banned here for 2 years, Guess you didn't learn a thing in those two years.

FRAZ

International Captain
It was hard to beat Nikema(Bouncer's) post, but you managed to do that. Congratulations !! You just went back and re-discovered the real Fraz, the Fraz that was banned here for 2 years, Guess you didn't learn a thing in those two years.
So Pathetic of you to keep rolling on the things which were still better than Sehwag309s and bla bla and bla bla bla and oh yeah mention not Alex Kumars . I came in eyes cuz It was may be only me who was giving answers all the time to them . Secondly pathetic and ridiculous of you to think in a stupid way as if I am being an over-exaggerated fan who wants to blame neighbors for no apparent reasons . Get a life !!! Will you ? And its you who rant that I become personal all the time . Go and check that how many times I have hated the media of "we" .... I hate that media !! Get it once again !!! And also I also hate the copy-cat Ajtak wanna be media like Geo too ..............
******** of you to think as if I am being personal to any nation , race or creeds but the thing you said sarcastically about Pakistani named persons celebrating on streets was quite weired and Its basically you who might join that group but I got better things to do . Well its not a new thing that I pointed out Ajtak's BS about Woolmer's murder . Get new lines or get some thing better to write !!!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
Aajtak is not a great channel but they didn't make up the Woolmer story, there were just doing their job, so please stop being the idiot.
Pathetic idiot are you and stupid idiot are you and pathetic foul mouthed idiot are you if you think that Ajtak is your name .
Yup I hated the masala stories and I hate it , Hate it hate it and so what !! And idiot is the person who wants to say others idiot !!!
Got it idiot !!!!