• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For those who aren't English - which County side do you follow (if at all)?

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
I'm Yorkshire, last year with Boof (as Age_Master said) and Ian Harvey, because I think they're awesome, and although they dont have Lehmann any more I still follow them because A) Harvey's cool B) Jacques is a good replacement and C) Craig White is captain.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
SirBloody Idiot said:
Who does Mike Hussey play for?

I go for them, and Hampshire with Warne, Katich and Ervine.
M Hussey plays for Durham (and is captaining them too).

amiller

Cricket Spectator
Nottinghamshire because of newly recruited SP Fleming. However he's had a horror start scoring 0 and 1 in his first match.

Steulen

International Regular
Sussex, because I was hoping for a few years that Bas Zuiderent would make the grade. Now he's gone, but instead they show these really cool highlights of their games on the Web, so they still get my support.

Middlesex. For Zuiderent read Van Bunge. Hope (and believe) he WILL succeed as a County-level player.

Swervy

International Captain
honestbharani said:
Surrey.... They had so many stars in that side.... Lewis, Bicknell, Salisbury, Saqlain, the Holliokes, Brown, Stewart, Thorpe.... I enjoyed watching that side.

Bandwagonner..Glory follower :D

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Surrey- pain in the neck! More than half the side were England contenders, yet only two of them turned up for a 4-day match aginst India-A!

shaka

International Regular
I would probably have a look at each game and see how international players (past and present) are doing. e.g De Freitas got among the wickets in the last game, obviously i would tend to look for kiwi's or South African players.

howardj

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
Which county side do you follow/support?

I tend to follow whichever team has my favouite player of the circuit playing.
Me too. That's why Ive always had an affection for Hampshire - Gower; Hayden; Warne; Pietersen.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
howardj said:
Me too. That's why Ive always had an affection for Hampshire - Gower; Hayden; Warne; Pietersen.
Having Michael Clarke there now should surely turn you off them, or are you going to overlook that fact?

howardj

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
Having Michael Clarke there now should surely turn you off them, or are you going to overlook that fact?
He doesnt make much of an impact, so it makes it easy for me to pretend he doesn't play there :D

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Hampshire, KP and Warne.
Lancs: my ICC game got me too 2050 so yeah i like em :)
Middlesex a bit used to have Bungey and Hayward hes awesome!

Steulen

International Regular
Somehow i can't picture simultaneously liking Pietersen and disliking Clarke. They are both overly ****y unproven puppies or the most exciting talents in current world cricket, depending on your p.o.v.