• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football World XI's - Eurpoe, South America, Africa

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yaya is a proper controlling CM like Modric as well though. Don't know if Pogba is really.
Dunno, Pogba's CL performances have been much better than Yaya's. Actually CL performances are a bit of a black mark against almost every Premiership candidate. Just remembering Kompany vs. Barca last year.

I'm not sure Pogba/Yaya is a great comparison. Like, they get compared because they're both big and black but aren't really similar players at all. Yaya nowadays is far better technically than he is physically. His size is almost incidental.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Pogba's pretty unique actually. Trying to think of the best comparison I can in the Prem is currently landing me at Sissoko.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pogba's pretty unique actually. Trying to think of the best comparison I can in the Prem is currently landing me at Sissoko.
Another big black guy :laugh:.

Not the worst shout though, don't think I can do any better. Old Gerrard might not actually be too far off. Has the strength, passing, acceleration and screamers. None of the silk though. Maybe Dembele?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Another big black guy :laugh:.
Old Gerrard might not actually be too far off. Has the strength, passing, acceleration and screamers. None of the silk though. Maybe Dembele?
Stevie is/was underrated with the ball at his feet. Not the most fancy but old-school effective. He was a wonderful trequartista playing between the lines. Reckon it's a fair shout though. Gerrard the better passer and Pogba better with the ball at his feet. Don't think Pogba will ever have to be as adaptable as Gerrard though and will play a more attacking midfield role for most of his career. He's destined to be top 5 player in the world IMO.

Also remember a Rio Ferdinand interview talking about Pogba. Rio said that when Pogba was leaving he was hassling him about why he is leaving United to go to Juve (bear in mind that United were in a much, much, better place than Juve at the time) and he said that Pogba looked him straight in the eye, dead pan, and said that he wanted to be the best player in the world and could only do that by playing. That kind of mentality says a lot.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just not seen enough of Pogba, I mean I have seen some of his ridiculous goals, a few Champions League games and the World Cup but that is it. Not watched an Italian in years despite the fact I still feel such a strong emotional connection to it.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, I should've used a different term, but point still stands.

I can't say I've seen heaps of him either. I doubt many English people have though.

Edit: I think that can work in a player like Pogba's favour btw.