• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Five Stumps Only Way to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Five Stumps??????

That is just stupid and mind Numbing thing to say

It will reck the great game of Cricket

leave the game as it is?

Richard,

If Chris Hinton does decide to join the rebel tour and shove your advice where it belongs i.e. down the toilet, and actually take me seriously will you be contacting the moderator so Chris can then get rightly censured? Richard, you are the quintessential petty complaining old woman with seemingly nothing better to do in life than annoy others. Haven't you got some socks to darn or pigeons to feed down at the local park? Take a whiny walk and then come back to us when you've mastered the art of making sense. However, I suspect we'll be long gone by then.

Pinkline Jones said:
Richard,

If Chris Hinton does decide to join the rebel tour and shove your advice where it belongs i.e. down the toilet, and actually take me seriously will you be contacting the moderator so Chris can then get rightly censured? Richard, you are the quintessential petty complaining old woman with seemingly nothing better to do in life than annoy others. Haven't you got some socks to darn or pigeons to feed down at the local park? Take a whiny walk and then come back to us when you've mastered the art of making sense. However, I suspect we'll be long gone by then.
I think i speak for all my many listeners when i say Mr Jones, you are on the money. Couldnt have said it better myself.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
John Laws CBE said:
I think i speak for all my many listeners when i say Mr Jones, you are on the money. Couldnt have said it better myself.
I think this is living proof of someone using multiple accounts to forumlly attack someone. Sad, innit?

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Pinkline Jones said:
Richard, you are the quintessential petty complaining old woman with seemingly nothing better to do in life than annoy others.
Pots, kettles and blackness spring to mind.

LongHopCassidy said:
I think this is living proof of someone using multiple accounts to forumlly attack someone. Sad, innit?
Mr Cassidy,
I can assure you, and all my listeners, that i am not Mr Pinkline Jones, although your comment seems to indicate that you think i am. Please, as a show of my hospitality, take a free 2UE bumper sticker and be sure to listen to my show which is syndicated around the country daily.
Regards
Mr John Laws CBE

Scallywag

Banned
John Laws CBE said:
More like your'e speaking because you are getting the money Lawsie, we all know how you will say anything for the highest bid. And no you coudent have said it better but you would have prefered to hear you own voice eh.

Scallywag said:
More like your'e speaking because you are getting the money Lawsie, we all know how you will say anything for the highest bid. And no you coudent have said it better but you would have prefered to hear you own voice eh.
Quite wrong Mr Scallywag. On the contrary, i genuinely love drinking valvoline - know what i mean?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Langeveldt said:
Hey Im with you guys... I've started thinking outside the box a lot too recently.. But it will never happen.. The first test match was played with 3, and so will the last one...

Im tired of the batsmans domination one way or another
When you say 'thinking outside the box' are you referring to the device worn for protection by cricketers the world over to prevent a batsman from wearing his balls as earrings? Or the metaphorical box inside which a lot of non-lateral thinker's thoughts are presumed to reside?

Son Of Coco

Scallywag said:
At the end of the game there is only six stumps for the players to grab as mementos, so maybe there should be 22 stumps so each player can get a stump. Unfortunately the 12th man misses out again but thats what hes there for to miss out.
We could fix this by having 22 stumps and 2 gold-embossed drinks trays sitting inside the little hole in the ground where they put helmets etc. It'd be like an Easter egg hunt for the 12th men.

Son Of Coco

deeps said:
umm.........sir richard hadlee?

who the fk is ray hadlee?
Richard's little known younger brother. The Lemonheads (reknowned cricket fans) wrote a song about him called "It's a Shame About Ray". Ray Hadlee was a cricketer of some repute for the Tautaranga Shepherds before decending into the nightmare-ish world of drug induced Tourette's Syndrome. His loss to the world of cricket was radio's gain however and he moved to Australia in the early 80's to front an (eventually) award winning program called "Ray #$%& Hadlee and the %&*# @#%&'s".

I didn't realise you were actually on here Ray, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this.

Last edited:
Ray is a great man and a former colleague at 2UE. I dont want to hear a bad word about him, i (and my listeners) just wont stand for it. There will be f'n ears being pulled if i ever hear people bad mouthing him.

Son Of Coco

John Laws CBE said:
Ray is a great man and a former colleague at 2UE. I dont want to hear a bad word about him, i (and my listeners) just wont stand for it. There will be f'n ears being pulled if i ever hear people bad mouthing him.
Just providing some history Valvoline.........you know what I mean?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
LongHopCassidy said:
I don't know how many of them there are (we thought it was two at first, then 4, now 5...), whether they are all the same person or just a group of exceptionally sad fools who've got nothing better to do on the internet than go around disrupting forums - but either way I don't hesitate to say that if I was in charge I'd just ban the whole lot immidiately. There may be no way to be certain whether or not it's the same person using some way or other to get around the identification of multiple accounts, but one thing I'd say is beyond dispute is that their influence on the forum is nothing but negative.
For one, it gets extremely tiresome to have the same comment "I am not this other member of my group" trotted-out with exactly the same phraseology.

Belford

Banned
I am not John Laws

I categorically deny being John Laws, Camel56, Pinkline Jones or Ray Hadley.

Now, on to more important matters:

Richard, please explain the intended meaning of the sentence in quotation marks below. It appears to have been translated from left-handed Swahili by an illiterate Spaniard:

"Interesting... did I mention the liking of concocting thing they'd like to think..."

I'm an educated man, but I can't tease a shred of meaning from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.