• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Five Stumps Only Way to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeps

International 12th Man
Camel56 said:
I think you'll find Ray Hadley was more of a batsmen than a bowler, although he was mediocre when it came to batting as well.
umm.........sir richard hadlee?

who the fk is ray hadlee?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'm not actually referring to statistics, but rather to the consequential process of adaptation. The point of it is certainly to change the way the game is played and that's what I'm torn on.

I'm not entirely certain it will ultimately be for the better as far as the game is concerned. In my mind it just won't be the same sport.

There are much more acceptable ways to bring bowlers back into the equation. For one, I've always considered the bouncer limitation overdone.
Ahh, well in that case, I completely agree with you!

I thought you meant it was be unfair on the new generation fo batsmen as it was damge their statistics...

But now that you have cleared things up, I can definately see where you are coming from. The players that have already learnt to play cricket, but havent broken through yet, will have to completely change their game.

Ray Hadley

Cricket Spectator
Camel56 said:
I think you'll find Ray Hadley was more of a batsmen than a bowler, although he was mediocre when it came to batting as well.
I think Camel you'll find anything I've done will be manifestly superior to anything you've managed in your miserable life. My World Cup record is well above average. Remember I've been to four of 'em.

Last edited:
MoxPearl,

Camel ain't that dumb but YOU certainly win the box of Uppercuts, if you keep going like this you'll lose our support all togetha.

...sorry I've gotta get outdoors - there's too much f*kin dust in here.

Belford

Banned
Hadley-bashers

You blokes that are knocking Ray Hadley wouldn't know what day it is. Not only was he a top class bat and useful chinaman bowler, but Hadley has been to 4 Olympic Games, so he's forgotten more than you'll ever know.

Fair dinkum, I'll be sending some of you people detailed e-mails, because you've lost my support altogether.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scallywag said:
At the end of the game there is only six stumps for the players to grab as mementos, so maybe there should be 22 stumps so each player can get a stump. Unfortunately the 12th man misses out again but thats what hes there for to miss out.

What about the umpires?!

And would that allow the 9 non-batting men to come and stand on the square when the last pair are in so they can get their reward?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Belford said:
You blokes that are knocking Ray Hadley wouldn't know what day it is. Not only was he a top class bat and useful chinaman bowler, but Hadley has been to 4 Olympic Games, so he's forgotten more than you'll ever know.

Fair dinkum, I'll be sending some of you people detailed e-mails, because you've lost my support altogether.
he's not a patch on David Coleman

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Certainly there's a stupid number of these Camel56 squad around ATM.
Sooner they all go the way he has the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.