• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First Post In Forum

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha even the dressage?

I can watch the cross country, and even the show jumping I guess with that Lucinda Green, but that dressage, aggghhh can't watch that.
Not so much the dressage, just really like the idea of adding time for doing something wrong, amazing how tense it can get.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Love the Olympics. Really strikes a chord with me.

I think they need to bring this in though.
Love this quote form the story.
"I was supposed to hold the balls but I really have no idea how to do that," German keeper Jana Bach said.

Reckon a few of us could help teach her.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Will be watching as the winner of 'Nashville Star' gets to sing at the Olympics :-O

Seriously though, I love the track and field. The team sports are a waste of time but I may tune in for a bit of basketball. Ill watch some boxing as well.

As for the others, pfft. Its great that a greengrocer from Kettering or a housewife from Aberdeen can win medals, but half of the events are pretty pointless.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Love watching the Olympics, like everyone else I develop a keen interest in most sports for the duration of the games and couldn't give a toss about them afterwards.

andyc

Won't really be watching it that much, tbh. Will be doing most of my travelling in August, so we might try to get near a TV for the opening ceremony or something, but probably cbf.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Will have to do early nights to fit it in before work. Plus I won't have a TV, so am rather relying on Swiss television to internet stream. :dry:

Perm

Will watch as much of it as I get the chance to.

Can see massive arguments occuring over the TV though.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Will watch most of it that I can and want to I expect. Track and field especially. Helps when your country is uber awesome.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'll be watching the women's shot put.

Only because Valerie Vili is a good chance of gold.

Craig

World Traveller
Be watching a lot of what I can. The cycling road race is brutal though, they have a fairly solid 10km climb they have to go over 6 times, and that ia aftter a pretty hilly run in.

Mister Wright

Be watching a lot of what I can. The cycling road race is brutal though, they have a fairly solid 10km climb they have to go over 6 times, and that ia aftter a pretty hilly run in.
Love the velodrome events. Some of the most exciting events in the Olympics afaic.

howardj

International Coach
Will make a point to watch some events - eg Hackett's attempt to win three 1500m in a row. Apparently, Dawn Fraser is the only Australian swimmer ever to win the same event at three consecutive Olympics. Will also watch the men's marathon which I always find gripping. Other than that, I'll just mainly have the telecast on in the background and poke my head in from time to time.

Son Of Coco

There's no 'The Dream' with Roy and HG this time...apparently Channel 7 stated something about the time difference being one of the reasons. Given there's a massive 1-2 (!?) hour time difference I can see where the problems were :blink: Especially after having it in Athens where there's a 8-9 hour time difference.