• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final tour match vs Derbyshire

aussie tragic

International Captain
I consider Paine and Lyon most mentally scarred from last test so I'd be sending them to nearby Blackpool to get their mojo back. This means Bancroft can play as WK since cricinfo list him as a WK in the squad anyway ;)

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whats the thought process of giving Bancroft a big opportunity. What happens if he gets 80 (240). Waste of time, no?
Yeah my XI was about giving the blokes who needed it a run. Next test I don't want Bancroft as opener - I probably want Uzi there with Labaschagne at 3. But best to give them all a run, you never know when someone might tread on a cricket ball.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel sorry for Derbyshire, as apparently the Smith Program has decided he needs a hit and is playing. They may end up fielding for three days.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You don't play someone to fulfill a role they're not good at. That's how you end up with Smith as your spinner. Okay, bad example. That one ended up not so bad but Marsh further weakens your batting significantly and doesn't add much with the ball. It's actually dumber than the 5 bowlers plan, which isn't worth trying either. Marsh adds nothing. A decent 5th bowler would be the bee's knees but tough titties.
If Marsh plays and bowls ten overs max in a day as an allrounder, he's sparing the other quicks three overs each over a day. Three. If you factor in that he may bowl at times instead of Lyon, he's saving 2.5 overs per day worth of juice per bowler, max. I suppose he could come in and average 4 with the bat, which would be helpful. If you think Khawaja is so soft he's the anti-Steve Waugh, wait til Marsh plays again.

aussie tragic

International Captain
No surprise but it's confirmed Cummins, Pattinson, Hazlewood and Paine rested from tour game. Wade will keep, which I think is a bit stiff given he is fighting for a batting spot.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I don't understand why Bancroft is playing. If he scores a ton, would they really play him in the Tests again after his failures? Khawaja batting 3 surely means he's not being considered as an opening option?

With Warner, Smith, Labuschagne and Head locked in, it looks like it's:

Bancroft vs Harris
Khawaja vs Wade vs Marsh

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Head is the 2nd batsman picked on form right now. Which is an indictment of our batsmen right now.