• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FINAL - Germany vs Argentina

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pens clearly not a lottery. Quite possibly not a fair way, but the side best at scoring/saving pens wins

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is not a lottery.
Yeah, I use the term, but you are quite right. In the end there is a huge slice of luck involved. Yet that's all sports. In the end there's technique in the execution, technique in the save, and the most important thing in all sports, nerve.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd rather it go to penalties than see a goal conceded by a mistake from some poor bastard who's played his ring out but slips over/ gets done in by fatigue etc.

Some wonder goal to win it obviously preferable to either.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Pens is luck and nerve. Just not fair to decide a game based on 1 skill set that goes games without being needed.

Think it's were we are heading though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If there's one rule I really hate in football it's the whole taking injured players off who've been fouled thing

Our penalty taker needed treatment once after being pole axed in the box so the ref wouldn't let him take the penalty. Farcically we missed but it had to be retaken so he was allowed to have the retake

anyway. It ****s me

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyway think that probably pisses that argument, brilliant finish, control and execution.