• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Jezroy

State Captain
Damn. Neesh you idiot. He was looking so solid too before that. Oh well. Snything under 250 is way too short and need a huge effort to get to 250
Yeah... he was timing it well and then just mistimed one. Pitch? Bowler? Combination?

veganbob

U19 Captain
Yeah... he was timing it well and then just mistimed one. Pitch? Bowler? Combination?
Yeah he was looking great but he does this often. Has the potential to be a quality player but not sure he will ever get above the "dangerous on his day" tag.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
There should be seam movement with the new ball and the pitch clearly rewards cutters and cross-seamers to some extent, but I don't think the magnitude of assistance is as much as the pitch for the NZ-India semi final.

rythy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ok so we are into the last 10 overs. A 8 an over average will take to 260 and 9 to 270. So this could land anywhere between 250-270 depending on the wickets. de Grandhomme the saviour and hero?

Jezroy

State Captain
There should be seam movement with the new ball and the pitch clearly rewards cutters and cross-seamers to some extent, but I don't think the magnitude of assistance is as much as the pitch for the NZ-India semi final.
I think it’s different assistance

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Potentially a match defining effort there from Plunkett. Totally lived up to his billing.

Hope these two are able to take it deep, Latham striking ut well but not enough wickets in hand to go all out now.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Both, but by not bending his front leg to lean into the drive it's always going in the air and a miscue is likely fatal.

Very good spell from Plunkett.

hazsa19

International Regular
Ok so we are into the last 10 overs. A 8 an over average will take to 260 and 9 to 270. So this could land anywhere between 250-270 depending on the wickets. de Grandhomme the saviour and hero?
Looks more like 230-250 tbh

Arachnodouche

International Captain
He didn't even try to belt the cover. Just held his shape and sort of petted it down to Root.

I don't understand comms going on about movement with the scrambled seam delivery. Isn't any movement with a scrambled seam a bit of a Hail Mary and completely unintentional/uncontrolled?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could just be bad batting or good bowling but there’s been sooo many false shots.