• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Jezroy

State Captain
I still don’t know what I make of this pitch. Am I just being hopeful, or is it not that easy to bat on?

Almost following that plan that it looks like the best time to bat was between over 10 and 20, then it just starts being a little variable and awkward?

jcas0167

International Debutant
I think it would be better to give the umpires that power. You'd prevent the situation you were mentioning. It's only lbws and a few caught behinds anyway that are sometimes hard to know what happened in real time.
Indeed, the umpires can check on run outs at their discretion. Do the same for LBW/caught behind.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I still don’t know what I make of this pitch. Am I just being hopeful, or is it not that easy to bat on?

Almost following that plan that it looks like the best time to bat was between over 10 and 20, then it just starts being a little variable and awkward?
Kind of seems like both teams aren't too disappointed with their positions. England should be going in for the kill IMO.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Indeed, the umpires can check on run outs at their discretion. Do the same for LBW/caught behind.
How many LBW’s would they send up for review though? Everything, I think, and it would delay the match so much. We see it with the video ref in the NRL.

rythy

School Boy/Girl Captain
NZ will probably score 50-60 runs in last 6. This should be good total on this pitch. Rest depends on bowlers. If they wreck havoc in first 10 overs like semi against India then its all done.