• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Football (Rangers): currently it's Alfredo Morelos, I will be gutted when he leaves.
Football (non Rangers): it's probably still Messi when he's on song
Cricket: James Anderson
Tennis: Andy Murray
Formula 1: Fernando Alonso, of those currently on the grid it's Daniel Ricciardo
Rugby: Finn Russell

Teja.

Global Moderator
:laugh: do you like him because he found a game-breaking bug?
Haha, I don't think I understand football well enough to pick up on something like this.

I watched a couple of seasons of football in my pre-teens around 2004 and 2005 mainly to fit in with my cousins. I remember feeling like he was an incredibly efficient and opportunistic player right of the bat who made the most of whatever times the ball was on him and was increasingly frustrated that the kids around me who thought he was decent back then but didn't think he was particularly great when I was convinced he had to be one of the best surely. So he basically became my 'boy'.

Since then I've stopped following football apart from the world cups but when I did watch football during the WCs, I was a single agenda Arjen Robben fan. It basically became a ritual every 4 years to me. I usually even started an Arjen Robben fanboying thread in the WC subbies to this effect.

I'd imagine I'd be more annoyed by the diving and whatnot if I was more invested in the sport but for me they just add to the amusement of watching him play. More than anything, Arjen Robben is a childhood meme hero for me.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, I don't think I understand football well enough to pick up on something like this.

I watched a couple of seasons of football in my pre-teens around 2004 and 2005 mainly to fit in with my cousins. I remember feeling like he was an incredibly efficient and opportunistic player right of the bat who made the most of whatever times the ball was on him and was increasingly frustrated that the kids around me who thought he was decent back then but didn't think he was particularly great when I was convinced he had to be one of the best surely. So he basically became my 'boy'.

Since then I've stopped following football apart from the world cups but when I did watch football during the WCs, I was a single agenda Arjen Robben fan. It basically became a ritual every 4 years to me. I usually even started an Arjen Robben fanboying thread in the WC subbies to this effect.

I'd imagine I'd be more annoyed by the diving and whatnot if I was more invested in the sport but for me they just add to the amusement of watching him play. More than anything, Arjen Robben is a childhood meme hero for me.
Haha I see. It's a good footballing opinion to have had because he was really, really good.

People hated the diving for a bit of his career but no one cares much now. He's just remembered for doing the same thing every time he got the ball for like 15 years and no one ever figuring out how to stop it.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah, inactively following how good his career turned out to be from 2004 and his awesome performances in the WCs has been a very satisfying experience.