• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite sport? (Cricket excluded)

Favourite sport?

• Football (Soccer)

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • Rugby Union

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • Rugby League

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • Golf

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Snooker

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Aussies Rules

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Hockey

• Ice Hockey

• Tennis

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Badminton

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Boxing

• Volleyball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beach Volleyball

• Athletics

• Wrestling

• Swimming

• Darts

• Baseball

• American Football

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Basketball

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Netball

• Handball

• Cycling

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Gaelic Football

• Some other sport that I have stupidly omitted

Votes: 9 6.1%

• Total voters

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
The Wierdest sport ever ITBT, Thought Gaelic Football was hard enough till i tried it. Only while on holiday mind, can't play it at school and where i live, it wouldn't really be appreciated.
how is hurling weird???
it is the greatest sport on this planet and increadebly skillful!!!

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Trust me it's easy to catch on to.
Used to watch a load of Gaelic/Hurling when i was younger because Channel 4 used to do a weekly catch up on a saturday morning. Then they got rid of it and i know nothing about it.

1-9-7-7

International Regular
Used to watch a load of Gaelic/Hurling when i was younger because Channel 4 used to do a weekly catch up on a saturday morning. Then they got rid of it and i know nothing about it.
I know shag all myself.
I stopped following it when one of the local clubs banned me from playing the game because I wanted to switch teams.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Those were the days...

99*

International Debutant
Lack of Poker, F1 and Hurling not good.

F1 tops, American Football second, poker third.

As for the rest:

Football: Can never really be bothered, try to get into it but lack of internation matches here makes it hard.
Rugby union: Crap game, can't have a civil conversation with people that think the AB's can't do anything wrong or get cheated every time they lose. Also Auckland suck atm.
Rugby league: Much better, better flow, and Newcastle is good.
Golf: Can't watch more than a hour before wanting to watch something else, like to play though, good fun.
Snooker: Wouldn't know the rules to save me.
Aussie rules: Watch the final, think it's a alright game, more for nutters than anything.
Field hockey: Like it a lot tbh, to bad not many else do.
Ice hockey: Boxing on ice, no good. Can never see the puck, just look at a dot on the screen.
Tennis: Womens only.:ph34r: Bloody hard to play, but knew something was up when I was beating my PE teacher at it when I was 14.
Badminton: Bloody hard to play for any long ammount of time, fun to watch though.
Boxing: Ruined when you know half the results are fixed. Would spark my interests if Cameron/Tua went ahead, or if someone killed Mundine.
Volleyball: Not worth it.
Beach volleyball: Same as regular volleyball, uless you are feeling lonely.
Athletics: Olympics only.
Wrestling: Pro- Crap now. Proper- Boring.
Swimming: Aussies too good at it for it to be fun.
Darts: Only like the old guy doing the, 180!!!!!
Baseball: Americans say cricket is boring, baseball is proof they have no idea.
American Football: Bloody good, once you understand the rules and tactics behind everything it becomes one of the best sports to watch and play. I reckon coaching would be the best part however.
Basketball: Not a chance, didn't watch when NZ had the chance to make the World Champ final so won't watch anything else.
Netball: Like to play it, don't mind watching. If for the same reason as tennis.
Handball: Football without the feet, would enjoy it more if it was more like rugby.
Cycling: ***** of a sport to watch, just drive a car ffs.
Gaelic football: Haven't seen a moment of it, if it's like that International Rules then it's alright, better than Aussie rules.