• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

fat batsmen

The Maestro

School Boy/Girl Captain
I thinks its quite annoying that fat busstuds can be good at cricket. Should be a law against it .....or something

I wonder who is the heaviest half succesful test cricketer ever?

This Robert Key is a pretty rotound specimen.....but he IS English I suppose :drunk:

Any fat W.I players spring to mind?....they mostly seem pretty lithe huh

My Top 3 Fatties

1. Roundatunga (SL)

2. Gatting (Eng)

3. Inzaman (Pak)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The Maestro said:
I thinks its quite annoying that fat busstuds can be good at cricket. Should be a law against it .....or something

I wonder who is the heaviest half succesful test cricketer ever?

This Robert Key is a pretty rotound specimen.....but he IS English I suppose :drunk:

Any fat W.I players spring to mind?....they mostly seem pretty lithe huh

My Top 3 Fatties

1. Roundatunga (SL)

2. Gatting (Eng)

3. Inzaman (Pak)
Richie Benaud commenting on Gatting's field placings: 'Gatting has a fine leg... that's a contradiction in terms.' :laughing:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Going right back to the '20s, but what about "The Big Ship" himself, Warwick Armstrong? Supposed to be 20 stone + in his prime.

Attachments

Dydl

International Debutant
Daniel Smith who replaced Haddin against Queensland was quite chubby, not sure how fat compared to others.....

ReallyCrazy

Banned
here are my nominations for fatties:

Ranatunga
Warne (before)
Aravinda DeSilva
Lehmann
Inzamam "Aaloo" Haq
Robert Key

Hayden is the borderline

The Maestro

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wasnt Greg Ritchies nick "Fat Cat?"

any fat bowlers at all?

Brian McMillan was a pretty big unit but I cant think of ANY others....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Another famous lardster of yesteryear was the late, great Colin "Ollie" Milburn (nicknamed Ollie after his resemblance to Oliver Hardy, of Laurel & fame). He was a good 18 stone in his prime.

His career was tragically cut short after losing an eye in a car accident. I couldn't find a pic that quite does justice to his magnificent girth, but these give a flavour.

Attachments

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Zimbabwe's Gavin Ewing is quite chubby, especially for his very slight height.

Although he is more of a bowler than a batsman.

Link

State Vice-Captain
Anthony McGrath was called fat a couple of times last year, this season he has lost some weight, but he has not lost the really bad haircut.

Good old Bobie key is nicknamed "Cheeky" in the England camp.