• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

fastest bowler ever?

archie mac

International Coach
I really must get my paws on that book. Do you know anything more about it, Archie?
Sorry mate, as you know all of my books are packed up atm

I could only get the second paper back edition, it is only a thin book and should not be to hard to find:)

Last edited:

neville cardus

International Debutant
Do feel free, Prince, to load me with oodles of apparently uninteresting, futile and tedious information about your distinguished antecedents. I am the sort of person who finds that sort of thing to be very interesting - and not only because I am presently penning a book about the 1882 "Ashes" tour, in which Alec played.

shane gower

Cricket Spectator
many people have different opinions as to the fastest bowler of all time but theres only 1 answer....Jeffrey Robert Thompson was quicker than all of them...1 delivery at 160 doesn't cut it...….Thompson bowled whole overs above this speed...…..

Flem274*

123/5
many people have different opinions as to the fastest bowler of all time but theres only 1 answer....Jeffrey Robert Thompson was quicker than all of them...1 delivery at 160 doesn't cut it...….Thompson bowled whole overs above this speed...…..
prove it

shane gower

Cricket Spectator
Ask any batsman from the early 70s that had to face him at his peak before his injury.there are many who believe he bowled well over 160.they can’t all be wrong

Tom Flint

International Regular
What evidence do you base this on?
If you say speed guns then I wont agree, they are completely unreliable.
I saw miguel cummins 'hit' 96mph in a cpl game last year. When I watch him for Middlesex he does well to hit 86

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Just like anyone who played both Wasim and McGrath claims Wasim was better?
McGrath's was a stern examination, but it also gave you the hope, unfounded though it mostly was, that you could perhaps survive him if you had all your parts, mental and physical, working in sync. Wasim could make you look like a fool despite your A-game. That probably plays on the memory of those who faced them both.

Flem274*

123/5
Ask any batsman from the early 70s that had to face him at his peak before his injury.there are many who believe he bowled well over 160.they can’t all be wrong
do you also believe old men when they talk about literally anything else?

i faced 130kph once as a 14 year old. the 17 year old kid bowling was probably more like 115-120kph but we all knew he had been clocked once and it was 130kph so we must have been right.

incidentally that's more evidence than we have for thomson bowling 160kph or more day in day out.

shane gower

Cricket Spectator
do you also believe old men when they talk about literally anything else?

i faced 130kph once as a 14 year old. the 17 year old kid bowling was probably more like 115-120kph but we all knew he had been clocked once and it was 130kph so we must have been right.

incidentally that's more evidence than we have for thomson bowling 160kph or more day in day out.