• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Rugby!!!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, of the performing backs he's the cheapest by a few hundred k. Gave me more money to spend on the forwards too.
Ironically he had his lowest scoring week last week. :p Am picking him to make an impact in the last few rounds of the competition though, so am keen on retaining him for the time being.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Have decided to stick with Giteau this week. Noticed that both Brumby and the Glimt XI have brought in Peter Grant so was partly tempted to go with him instead. :p My team has managed to move past the $12million value mark so thats encouraging. :D

Standings after Week Six:
1 Somerset 1536 (337)
2 Glimt XI 1374 (1651)
3 The Fen Brumbies 1325 (2206)
4 Architecture in Helsinki 1236 (3305)
5 Try Scoring Brumbies 959 (6527)
6 Not Swingers 693 (8774)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Standings after Week Seven:
1 Somerset 1770 (316)
2 Glimt XI 1556 (1908)
3 The Fen Brumbies 1550 (1956)
4 Architecture in Helsinki 1358 (4065)
5 Try Scoring Brumbies 1068 (7035)
6 Not Swingers 854 (8650)

Managed to extend my lead during the last round. Also managed to get rid of Carter, McCaw and Read before their values dropped. :p Brought in Mortlock, Mealamu and Brussouw for the first time this week.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Very good week for Brumby almost pushes him to within 100 points of my side. Stanley finally came right, wishing I'd stuck with him instead of going back to Evans now. Stephen Donald also had a great week, picking up 90 points (the whole Chiefs backline were superb TBH). News is that Carter won't be fit for a while yet so will be interesting to see how that affects his value.

Standings after Week Eight:
1 Somerset 1968 (461)
2 The Fen Brumbies 1856 (1132)
3 Glimt XI 1707 (2352)
4 Architecture in Helsinki 1480 (4509)
5 Try Scoring Brumbies 1163 (7277)
6 Not Swingers 940 (8767)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha touché... :p Still ranked within the top 500 though so not all bad, but I guess anything can happen, theres a reasonably long way to go in the competition.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Standings after Week Nine:
1 Somerset 2201 (534)
2 The Fen Brumbies 2156 (772)
3 Glimt XI 1893 (2654)
4 Architecture in Helsinki 1604 (4984)
5 Try Scoring Brumbies 1214 (7913)
6 Not Swingers 1143 (8347)

Again, not a fantastic week for me. I didn't realise McCaw wasn't playing so only had six point scorers which didn't help. With van Heerden scoing 50 for Brumby that puts him within just 50 points of my side - its going to be a close finish! The advantage I have is that my side is valued at $1.7million more than Brumby; the problem is that by gaining that surplus, my transfers are running a bit low...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Two horse race after week eleven, Brumby's now within 25 points of me! Made an error in picking Kankowski over the highest scoring player (the Cheetahs loose forward) in the whole fantasy competition.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I haven't got more than 250 points in a week since week five so you've slowly been catching me since then. And the gap is 49 actually so not sure where I got 25 from. :S

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I haven't got more than 250 points in a week since week five so you've slowly been catching me since then. And the gap is 49 actually so not sure where I got 25 from. :S
Fiddle! :-O

Nah, they do it quite often; rescoring some player or other. & you might not have topped 250 for a while, but I scored 136 in round 10. :ph34r: 58 of those were Vickerman too.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
This must be the most frustrating tipping competition ever...chose Kankowski for one week, he had his worst scoring week of the whole Super 14 so got rid of him...then this week is a standout for his side and scores a try. Contemplated picking Zac Guildford as well (would've if it was the start of the season as I'm sure his value will rise quickly) and he scored a try tonight as well. Lol.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't post the points after week 12 but I'm still slightly ahead of Brumby. Evans will score a truckload of points this week, which is a shame given I don't have him in my lineup any more after selecting him for nearly the whole season.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Didn't post the points after week 12 but I'm still slightly ahead of Brumby. Evans will score a truckload of points this week, which is a shame given I don't have him in my lineup any more after selecting him for nearly the whole season.
I think your team value advantage should get you over the line, tbh. Hoping to take you to the final week tho.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
So do I (fingers crossed anyway!) - this is the first season where my team's value has risen at a really rapid rate in the first half of the season, though ironically it hasn't really helped give me any real points advantages in the second half of it.

Also Dan Carter's just come on in the Crusaders vs Reds game so watch his value fly if hes in the Crusaders' starting lineup next week.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
The gap is 53 with one week to play! I'd say I will go into the final week as favourite but I won't be counting my chickens just yet. Will be interesting to see if you decide to go with Carter, and if so, how the compilation of your team ends up like.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like the semis and finals won't be separate from the 14 rounds this season. I've still got a chance to lose my lead! :p Adam Thompson saved me this week with a good haul against the Crusaders, scored 40-odd of the 158 points I received.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Scored 358 points in the final round (McCaw with 90 and Read with 78 the features) to ensure Brumby didn't pass me at the last hurdle. After leading for 15 of the 16 weeks thought I did alright in the fantasy competition for once. :p Appreciate the challenge Dale, given that the rest of the pack gave up very early on in the chase!