• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Rugby!!!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Back again for 2008

The Super 14 is almost back with us & those idle so-and-sos at fantasyrugby.com have just updated their site for the new season.

If you fancy your chances go here:

http://www.fantasyrugby.com/s1408/

If you've played previously the site has carried your details forward, but for any noobs you'll need these to join the CW league.

Conference Name: Cricket Web
Password: Bob

All welcome, more the merrier, etc. Could a mod please change the thread title to "2008 Fantasy Super 14" to help us drum up managers? Ta. :)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah i'll give this a go. Are the internationals all off somewhere like they were last time?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
3rd last season and 1st in the semis/finals separate round so will definitely make sure I have my team for this year. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Super 14 is almost back with us & those idle so-and-sos at fantasyrugby.com have just updated their site for the new season.

If you fancy your chances go here:

http://www.fantasyrugby.com/s1408/

If you've played previously the site has carried your details forward, but for any noobs you'll need these to join the CW league.

Conference Name: Cricket Web
Password: Bob

All welcome, more the merrier, etc. Could a mod please change the thread title to "2008 Fantasy Super 14" to help us drum up managers? Ta. :)
Just giving this a nudge as only Matteh & me appear to have selected teams ths far.

Starts Friday, so still plenty of time. :)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Woo, i'll finish 2nd. Solid result.
Don't count your chickens just yet. :p

Have selected my seven though may change with the announcement of the sides for round one:
Ben Franks (consistent and should score 10-15 each week)
Anton van Zyl (as above)
Tim Boys (Highlanders don't seem to have much depth and Boys looks promising)
Richie McCaw (say no more)
Daniel Carter (as above)
Nick Evans (potential highest point scorer for the entire fantasy competition IMO)
Richard Kahui (as long as he stays injury free should score well)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Up to 5 managers now, but still nearly 10 hours for everyone else to select a team, don't be shy!

Cometer is back for another year & we appear to have a new manager; welcome whoever you are. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Must admit it's somewhat hard to follow this tournament, but will try.

I thought Habana was signed to some English team? (Bath?) Or was that another quick winger from the lower hemisphere?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Must admit it's somewhat hard to follow this tournament, but will try.

I thought Habana was signed to some English team? (Bath?) Or was that another quick winger from the lower hemisphere?
Planet Rugby is probably the best site for keeping abreast of the latest goings-on.

& I dunno. Of the Saffies who've defected post-WC Bath signed Butch James, but he's a fly-half (or 5/8th if you're that way inclined).

Matteh

Code:
Architecture in Helsinki 

Tight Forward 
Edmonds, Huia BRM $930,000 
Henderson, Nic BRM $1,050,000 
Loose Forward 
Elsom, Rocky WAR $1,710,000 
Louw, Francois STM $945,500 
Back
Barnes, Berrick RED $1,703,250 
Carter, Daniel CRU $2,160,900 
Habana, Bryan BUL $1,947,000
Don't like the look of my Tight Forwards or one of my Loose Forwards.

Last edited:

Matteh

Made a couple of changes after i found some starting lists. Would appear that my 2 of the 3 i had doubts over weren't starting and the other was a sub.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week One Results:
1 Architecture in Helsinki 260
2 Glimt XI 220
3 The Fen Brumbies 209
4 Somerset 199
5 Try Scoring Brumbies 184
6 Not Swingers 180

Interesting start, BoyBrumby and myself the only ones not to receive points scoring bonuses.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Have made one change to my seven from round one, with Lachlan Turner who looked very impressive against the Hurricanes coming in for Richard Kahui (generally these tactics always turn out to cost me so am not betting against that happening!)