• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Rugby!!!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Normal service is resumed as I move up to the summit & Somers leaps from fourth to second. Matteh slumps somewhat after his week one heroics.

Nick Evans was my main man this week, contributing 98 points to the cause.

World standings in brackets.

1. The Fen Brumbies 517 (801)
2. Somerset 509 (918)
3. Glimt XI 489 (1301)
4. Architecture in Helsinki 419 (3087)
5. Try Scoring Brumbies 376 (4408)
6. Not Swingers 309 (6227)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Evans and Carter with huge hauls, glad I had both in my side. :)

Kahui got a try (managed 21 pts) while Turner got 5....why do I change things around??!!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Standings after Week Three:
1 Somerset 791 (1160)
2 The Fen Brumbies 770 (1477)
3 Architecture in Helsinki 698 (2790)
4 Glimt XI 695 (2845)
5 Try Scoring Brumbies 608 (4500)
6 Not Swingers 522 (6086)

Turning into an early two horse race. :p Evans again with a massive haul. TBH I was lucky to score as many points as I did this week with only six of my team contributing. Benson Stanley's 45 was very useful. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play Somers. Schifcofske has let me down since I signed him; 17 points last week & 21 this.

Nick Evans is continuing the good work, but you've got him too... :p

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Standings after Week Four:
1 Somerset 1056 (835)
2 The Fen Brumbies 948 (2197)
3 Glimt XI 918 (2678)
4 Architecture in Helsinki 910 (2803)
5 Try Scoring Brumbies 730 (5639)
6 Not Swingers 594 (7465)

Another good week for my side. Evans wasn't so dominant this week but Read made up for that with a half century of points. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gah. Shocker. I dropped McCaw because there were reports on Thursday eve (up here, probably Friday morning in NZ) that he was doubtful because of a knock. Brought in George Smith who got me 6... :cry:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't expect too many points for Nick Evans this week, was subbed after half an hour in the Blues' match against the Force - copped one in the face from Nick Williams.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't expect too many points for Nick Evans this week, was subbed after half an hour in the Blues' match against the Force - copped one in the face from Nick Williams.
Ah, fannies. Only consolation is that you've got him too! Brought in Hougaard for Schifers this week, so bet Clinton runs in a brace for the Reds... :sleep:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats generally the way it works with Fantasy Rugby. :p Don't think I'll get too many points this week with Evans, Read and McCaw playing for 40 minutes or less and Stanley not having his best week either.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Standings after Week Five:
1 Somerset 1308 (615)
2 The Fen Brumbies 1169 (2075)
3 Glimt XI 1152 (2288)
4 Architecture in Helsinki 1070 (3390)
5 Try Scoring Brumbies 813 (6734)
6 Not Swingers 639 (8383)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Made a last minute decision to select Evans for this round. Was originally going to go with Giteau so hoping it doesn't turn out to cost me points. Brumby, I notice you've picked up Benson Stanley too. ;)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Haven't got time to post results tonight but Evans scored 0 and Giteau 50. 8-)

Still leading but Brumby slips to third and the Glimt XI jumps up to second.