• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Cricket - Champions Trophy

Howe_zat

Audio File
Tin Foil Hat Brigade

Chris Gayle
Alastair Cook
Hashim Amla*
Virat Kholi
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Mohammed Hafeez
Jos Buttler+
Robin Peterson
Mitchell Starc
Morne Morkel
Steven Finn

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good team Howe.

Neil Anblomee

Hashim Amla
Chris Gayle
Shane Watson
Virat Kohli
Mohammad Hafeez
Thisara Perera
Johnson Charles
Nuwan Kulasekara
Mitchell Starc
Ravi Ashwin (can bat)
Tim Southee

I might go for some Jos Buttler instead of Johnson Charles if he doesn't look like opening and keeping.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could we do our own thing where we make no swaps throughout the tournament? Everyone to post up their initial team and we can calculate who wins at the end.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Could we do our own thing where we make no swaps throughout the tournament? Everyone to post up their initial team and we can calculate who wins at the end.
In that case, We got to do it here and someone has to do the calculations every game

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In that case, We got to do it here and someone has to do the calculations every game
Or you know, we just don't make any swaps throughout the tournament and let it calculate the result for us.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Or you know, we just don't make any swaps throughout the tournament and let it calculate the result for us.
But, do you think all of them we have in the group see this thread and follow our rule : not to do swapping?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good team Howe.

Neil Anblomee

Hashim Amla
Chris Gayle
Shane Watson
Virat Kohli
Mohammad Hafeez
Thisara Perera
Johnson Charles
Nuwan Kulasekara
Mitchell Starc
Ravi Ashwin (can bat)
Tim Southee

I might go for some Jos Buttler instead of Johnson Charles if he doesn't look like opening and keeping.
The majority of my squad seem to be in good form, but I'm thinking that Guptill and Junaid Khan in for Perera and Ashwin might be a winner.

I don't really get what the best tactics are in this game, given the fact that you are allowed 75 changes - it just seems like a very high amount.

Prensel

U19 Cricketer
The majority of my squad seem to be in good form, but I'm thinking that Guptill and Junaid Khan in for Perera and Ashwin might be a winner.

I don't really get what the best tactics are in this game, given the fact that you are allowed 75 changes - it just seems like a very high amount.
But you can only change out a player once, is that correct? So if you have a player, you change him for another player, you cant get the original player back?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But, do you think all of them we have in the group see this thread and follow our rule : not to do swapping?
Could set it up as a separate competition? Make every team in it visible so that we can see if anyone has changed their team?

Howe_zat

Audio File

These tend to be won by poeple who make changes for every game - which is why I think Daemon is on to a winner, we just agree not to make changes and put our selection skillz to the test

Stace

First Class Debutant
These tend to be won by poeple who make changes for every game - which is why I think Daemon is on to a winner, we just agree not to make changes and put our selection skillz to the test
Hi i'm new here, I just wanted to say I agree with you both, my team is now public...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I know the comp is about to start but why don't we just all post our best XI's in here - and at the end see who's side would have won? It would be easy (I think) to tally up the points for each individual player. I kind of want a go at trying to win overall so I've picked a good number of Indian and South Africans.

My team if I wasn't changing players would be:

Neil Anblomee

Hashim Amla
Chris Gayle
Shane Watson
Virat Kohli
Mohammad Hafeez (captain)
Thisara Perera
Johnson Charles
Nuwan Kulasekara
Mitchell Starc
Junaid Khan
Tim Southee

Stace

First Class Debutant
Ok in that case here is my team-

Stacey Richards Barmy Army
Amla
Watson
Gayle
Trott
Root
Kohli
Dhoni (captain)
McKay
Rampaul
Anderson
McClenaghan

Prensel

U19 Cricketer
Shane Watson*
Chris Gayle
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Mohammad Hafeez
Jean-Paul Duminy
Ravindra Jadeja
Dinish Karthik
Mitchell Starc
Junaid Khan
Mitchell McClenaghan
Sunil Narine

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
Mariner's Mariners

Alastair Cook *
Chris Gayle
Johnathan Trott
Martin Guptil
Eoin Morgan
Ravi Jadeja
Jos Buttler +
Tim Bresnan
Graeme Swann
Morne Morkel
James Anderson

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've done a few stupid decisions so far. Definitely should have picked a captain from the opening match and I picked someone from Pakistan last match who didn't even play.

It would be useful if the standings showed how many modifications each team has remaining so you could tell just how rubbish/good you are going.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Tin Foil Hat Brigade

Chris Gayle - 39
Alastair Cook - 30
Hashim Amla* - 22
Virat Kholi - 31
Tillakaratne Dilshan - 20
Mohammed Hafeez - 4 & 1-14
Jos Buttler+ - 1, 2 catches
Robin Peterson - 0-24 & 68
Mitchell Starc - 1-75 & 5
Morne Morkel - 0-27 & 8
Steven Finn
That's rather appalling for a first round, two wickets and one fifty between them. Robbie P carrying the side, with the bat no less, and Finn hasn't even played.

At least Amla got a score today.