• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fake IPL Player - Very interesting blog

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That does imply its Chopra. Also, he could be sued if he does reveal his identity.
I wonder what the legal implications are in South Africa (or India, i'm not sure which is relevant). Satire is pretty well-protected by courts around here.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
I wonder what the legal implications are in South Africa (or India, i'm not sure which is relevant). Satire is pretty well-protected by courts around here.
Well it's pretty tough, whoever it is, even if he (or they) admits it on the site he could always deny it again if sued claiming an impostor(s). Also he hasn't actually used any names so while it may be obvious who he's talking about to some, it's pretty difficult to prove in a court of law. However in the event of any identity being admitted I'm pretty sure a lawsuit will ensue in India, SRK and his KKR admins will be out for blood for sure.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
If u ven't lost interest in FIP business, pls take a look at the picture. The FIP had appeared as a shadow . I believe that he needs others to know it's he who is the FIP, but never wants to get a legal action on that, so more clues have been provided by he him self in the form of shadow, voice, bengali-speech .FIP.jpg

He is seen to have had a close hair-cut; so no pony-tail is there in the shadow, compared to the colour-photo. The fore-head, nose, chin etc are clues

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I said it once and I'll say it again, there's a better chance of the fake IPL player being (you'll have to be Indian for this) the actor playing the fat blabbermouth from the Sprite ads than a cricketer. I've seen enough of Akash Chopra on television to conclude he's very different a character from what we see of FIP- Akash is well-mannered and polite, while FIP has a tendency to abuse and abusively ridicule people and stuff.

ret

International Debutant
If u ven't lost interest in FIP business, pls take a look at the picture. The FIP had appeared as a shadow . I believe that he needs others to know it's he who is the FIP, but never wants to get a legal action on that, so more clues have been provided by he him self in the form of shadow, voice, bengali-speech .View attachment 17697

He is seen to have had a close hair-cut; so no pony-tail is there in the shadow, compared to the colour-photo. The fore-head, nose, chin etc are clues
that's convincing!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
If u ven't lost interest in FIP business, pls take a look at the picture. The FIP had appeared as a shadow . I believe that he needs others to know it's he who is the FIP, but never wants to get a legal action on that, so more clues have been provided by he him self in the form of shadow, voice, bengali-speech .View attachment 17697

Thats a very very close one. It could be him - Ranadeb Bose.

It doesn't HAVE to be someone currently from KKR. He was in KKR for the last edition. He could have grudges. He would have his friends in the current KKR squad and would have an idea of whats going on. He may even be visiting his former mates off and on in their dressing room - would be for sure.

Its a very strong possibility.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Thats a very very close one. It could be him - Ranadeb Bose.

It doesn't HAVE to be someone currently from KKR. He was in KKR for the last edition. He could have grudges. He would have his friends in the current KKR squad and would have an idea of whats going on. He may even be visiting his former mates off and on in their dressing room - would be for sure.

Its a very strong possibility.
And I came to know from one interview of him (about a year ago, or more) that he is an avid reader of English literature (novels etc.)...So, I won't be surprised if it is him as he might possess the skills required to write such satire, which is not of the lowest quality...

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I dont think it was a player......if it was then it would not be someone out of the team otherwise they/he would not be trying stunts such as updating via sms etc and pretend that he can't use a laptop because they have been banned in the dressing room.
IMO it was just a stupid KKR (and Ganguly) fan who came up with a stupid idea which sort of caught on. There is absolutely no evidence that anything that he said actually happened.

pasag

RTDAS
I dont think it was a player......if it was then it would not be someone out of the team otherwise they/he would not be trying stunts such as updating via sms etc and pretend that he can't use a laptop because they have been banned in the dressing room.
IMO it was just a stupid KKR (and Ganguly) fan who came up with a stupid idea which sort of caught on. There is absolutely no evidence that anything that he said actually happened.
You can hardly him stupid, he's created the most successful blog I've ever seen. 2000 comments for an entry, amazing!

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
You can hardly him stupid, he's created the most successful blog I've ever seen. 2000 comments for an entry, amazing!
Most of it is rubbish......out of 2000 comments about 1900 are abusive comments calling him all sorts of names.......the rest is either spam or people asking for attention. I don't call that success.

pasag

RTDAS
Most of it is rubbish......out of 2000 comments about 1900 are abusive comments calling him all sorts of names.......the rest is either spam or people asking for attention. I don't call that success.
It's been a massive success with mass media coverage all around the world. Most people could only dream of starting a blog like that. If you're not a fan it's one thing, but the proof is in the pudding and I've certainly never seen anything like it.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
It's been a massive success with mass media coverage all around the world. Most people could only dream of starting a blog like that. If you're not a fan it's one thing, but the proof is in the pudding and I've certainly never seen anything like it.
Well getting people to your blog and attracting media attention is one thing and actually converting that into something good is quite another. You can't look at pure numbers when it comes to Indian blogs. By comparison the Indian actor Amitabh Bachchan's blog gets 200,000 unique visitors every month and they leave 200-300 comments for every post, each of which are on average 50-100 words(comments).

He captured some media attention...I give him that. But that is about all.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Well getting people to your blog and attracting media attention is one thing and actually converting that into something good is quite another. You can't look at pure numbers when it comes to Indian blogs. By comparison the Indian actor Amitabh Bachchan's blog gets 200,000 unique visitors every month and they leave 200-300 comments for every post, each of which are on average 50-100 words(comments).

He captured some media attention...I give him that. But that is about all.
Not sure what your point is? That it's low quality? I wouldn't know, I don't read it. However you cannot deny that this blog was hugely successful in terms of the general evaluative measurements of success of a blog. The fact that another guy's blog is more successful doesn't detract from that.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Not sure what your point is? That it's low quality? I wouldn't know, I don't read it. However you cannot deny that this blog was hugely successful in terms of the general evaluative measurements of success of a blog. The fact that another guy's blog is more successful doesn't detract from that.
It was low quality......it was full of lies....it was something that no advertiser would like to associate themselves with, therefore no money to be made of.......and anyone with a bit of sense could make that out(the lies).

And 2000 comments is no great shakes(compared to other Indian blogs).

Its a bit like streakers during a cricket match, 15 minutes of fame.

pasag

RTDAS
It was low quality......it was full of lies....it was something that no advertiser would like to associate themselves with, therefore no money to be made of.......and anyone with a bit of sense could make that out(the lies).

And 2000 comments is no great shakes(compared to other Indian blogs).

Its a bit like streakers during a cricket match, 15 minutes of fame.
You serious? Most advertisers would LOVE that kind of exposure. There is no question that it has been a huge success, other successful Indian blogs does not negate that. Feels like you're just arguing for the sake of it.

From Crikey:

On my site a post called, The is not the Fake IPL player, about someone that an Indian blog thought it could be, has attracted a few thousand hits. Imagine how many hits the actual Fake IPL blog has had....Whoever the fake IPl player is, I owe him a beer, he has doubled my hits.( link & link).

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
You serious? Most advertisers would LOVE that kind of exposure. There is no question that it has been a huge success, other successful Indian blogs does not negate that. Feels like you're just arguing for the sake of it.

From Crikey:
There is a difference between notoriety and success.

If his blog is such a success why is it so bare........there is not even a single google adsense/adword ad on his page. Surely cricket related companies should have been queuing up to put ads on his page??

What has he achieved besides getting traffic to his blog? Is that enough criteria in your opinion to call it success? Has he been able to make any use of all this traffic to his blog?

In the end people are just going there to abuse him? Is that success too??

pasag

RTDAS
There is a difference between notoriety and success.

If his blog is such a success why is it so bare........there is not even a single google adsense/adword ad on his page. Surely cricket related companies should have been queuing up to put ads on his page??

What has he achieved besides getting traffic to his blog? Is that enough criteria in your opinion to call it success? Has he been able to make any use of all this traffic to his blog?

In the end people are just going there to abuse him? Is that success too??
Well yes, success lies in the results (hits, comments, media attention) and you can't argue with those. That's the main thing that I define it as. If we were arguing about the best, the most creative blog, the blog with the highest quality content then you'd definitely have a case, but we're not.

As for why he doesn't have any ads on his site, well there could be plenty reasons for that. Ranging from the fact that he just hasn't gotten around to it (it's only very new), doesn't know how or just doesn't want to because of altruistic reasons (not in it for the money) or fears it may lead to his identity being revealed.

And yes the success can turn against you, like in any case but that's a discussion for another time.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It was low quality......it was full of lies....it was something that no advertiser would like to associate themselves with,
LOL, advertisers would fall all over themselves. He would have made a killing via Google ads if he put them on.