• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English spinners

anzac

International Debutant
England & NZ have the same problem - pitches not very supportive to finger spin, and yet a dearth of wrist spin....must be something to do with wrist spin being that much harder to master / control etc or something.....glad to read that England at least have a wrist acadamy - can't say the same for NZ tho'........

once again the Aussies are several steps ahead in their preparation / development

biggest / best comeback by a player with the yips.......Mark Richardson..........so what if he did not come back in his original form, at least he had the confidence etc to reinvent himself - a great role model & an option these other players should consider....

:)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
You're not a Manure fan too, are you?
I can answer for him on that one. One of the poor people who has to watch their beloved West Ham do absolute rubbish in Div 1...I feel sorry for them. :P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
halsey said:
I can answer for him on that one. One of the poor people who has to watch their beloved West Ham do absolute rubbish in Div 1...I feel sorry for them. :P
Your avatar pic is copyrighted, I believe, and therefore I don't believe we can allow you to use it. Shame :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I don't have a clue what it is, but I'll take your word for it not being copyrighted, and it's not a Manure badge, so that's fine by me!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
He was picked on potential and the fact he was taking wickets with unplayable deliveries at an average of under 30, and could bat.
But the fact he was a leg spinner had a great hand in his call-up?

It was a time when Warne was at his best, and "I'm a leg-spinner, get me in there" was flavour of the month.

How else did he get one of the original Central Contracts based on nothing?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
halsey said:
West Ham aren't that bad.

I saw them earlier this season and they played very well (that was before they brought in some forwards as well!)

Craig

World Traveller
And if they kept Joe Cole, they would be so much better.

Chelski's gain, West Ham loss.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Chelsea wil beat every one :p Even Alec Stewart supports them, not to mention they have the money and my backing :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pratyush said:
Chelsea wil beat every one :p Even Alec Stewart supports them, not to mention they have the money and my backing :D
And the day the Russian oil-wells dry up - or George Bush decides to 'liberate' Siberia?

The money is a major asset, of course, consequently it's no surprise that a Surrey player would support them.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Lets face it, Chelsea are going nowhere. They spent well over £100m and they still got embarrassed by Charlton and Watford recently. They are just the next Newcastle.

Man Utd have dominated English football for the last 12 years, and on less money than several of their rivals. The factor is the manager. The problem is he's not getting any younger, and I can't see a replacement anywhere. :( I'll enjoy it while it lasts...