• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

tony p

First Class Debutant
Is there a full seasons fixture list to look at other than each individual counties matches.?
And are there any matches of first class status OTHER than championship matches, ie, tourist or A team games.?

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Is there a full seasons fixture list to look at other than each individual counties matches.?
And are there any matches of first class status OTHER than championship matches, ie, tourist or A team games.?
From post 18. Can't find a full ist of Uni or tourist games yet but the CC, 50 over and Blast fixtures are here in full.

Molehill

International Captain
I note that Sussex have one day 'Tour' matches against both Herts and Berks (Metro Cup Warm ups it seems).

Don't seem to be any FC ones, probably because the CC starts so early you'd have to play them in March

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
There are a few more university v county games than in the last few seasons, though no longer first class of course. You can see them on each county’s page of the bbc site, though not collectively.

Molehill

International Captain
Lancs have been moving matches out of the county for various reasons for years. Test Matches and Concerts mainly. Are Lord's or Radlett starting to host Concerts - or benefit gigs?
It seems the reason is that is actually costs too much to set up the outgrounds (Radlett) for games like this.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
As per cricinfo article it is because it is cheaper to hire Chelmsford than to set up an outground from scratch each time.

As Essex hired out their ground to Ireland for three matches last year they may have found a profitable side line.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
As per cricinfo article it is because it is cheaper to hire Chelmsford than to set up an outground from scratch each time.

As Essex hired out their ground to Ireland for three matches last year they may have found a profitable side line.
Well done Essex i suppose. I can imagine how irritated our fanbase at Surrey would be if we were told some home games would be played at, say, Hove or Canterbury.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
I don’t imagine that it will be popular however nor were matches at Radlett or Uxbridge when I was a member (admittedly over 10 years ago). Compared to those two, Chelmsford is not that much harder to get to from central London.

Chubb

International Regular
The funny thing is for many years, Essex didn't have a home ground. They used to rotate all around the county. Chelmsford only became the permanent home in 1967, much later than other counties.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
The funny thing is for many years, Essex didn't have a home ground. They used to rotate all around the county. Chelmsford only became the permanent home in 1967, much later than other counties.
I didn't know this. Consider me educated

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Graham Onions returns to Durham from January 2024 as bowling coach.

Joe Clarke not Hameed to captain Notts in the T20.

Reactions: FBU

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
I don’t imagine that it will be popular however nor were matches at Radlett or Uxbridge when I was a member (admittedly over 10 years ago). Compared to those two, Chelmsford is not that much harder to get to from central London.
What happened to the Southgate ground? I saw a few T20s there back in the day.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Last first class game in 2009.
More recently played at Merchant Taylor's who have two first class grounds, one for the school and one for their OB. Probably the closest different first class grounds?
Seen Lancashire 2s play at so many grounds in Middlesex.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
I heard that Middlesex and the Southgate club fell out over the finances of staging a match there. It was my favourite Middlesex outground.