• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd forgotten that Jacks is probably playing in the IPL too. And it looks like Overton is already injured. My guess is that Atkinson, Geddes, Moriarty and Steel will miss out. Unless Steel plays as the token spinner who's supposed to be able to bat a bit.
Jack's is injured atm, pulled out of the IPL with it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bah, Jamie Smith's just glanced a very leg side delivery through to the keeper. Rotten end to a very watchable knock.

Ali TT

International Debutant
A week before the first round of matches and it's basically been raining for a month, loads more in the forecast between now and then too. How many of the grounds will be playable? A good thing there's no game at Worcester.

Is this the year the Sussex boys become men? Probably not....but hoping to see a fair amount of Ollie Robinson before the Ashes.
It was pissing down when I woke up this morning, an appropriate start to the first day of the county season.

Finlay Bean seems to be the star of the day. Good name

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Cold, dank and miserable in Sussex today. Can’t help feeling that will make Durham feel at home.
Having not heard of the Sussex attack apart from Carson.

Do we as Durham fans read into our performance today as Campbell attacking cricket philosophy actually working or a **** attack?

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
It was pissing down when I woke up this morning, an appropriate start to the first day of the county season.

Finlay Bean seems to be the star of the day. Good name
Apparently there is a Fletcha Middleton in the Hampshire team.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
It's a bit sad that Gus Atkinson is kept out of the Surrey team by three overseas fast bowlers. I really rate him, he'd walk into most other counties' playing XI.
I tend to have little sympathy for players like this and say, Virdi. If they want their careers to progress, they need to change counties.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can only give the
FULL SQUAD
Rory Burns (C)
Sean Abbott
Gus Atkinson
Jordan Clark
Ben Foakes
Ben Geddes
Tom Lawes
Dan Moriarty
Ryan Patel
Ollie Pope
Kemar Roach
Dom Sibley
Jamie Smith
Cam Steel
Dan Worrall
Where’s Virdi these days?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Having not heard of the Sussex attack apart from Carson.

Do we as Durham fans read into our performance today as Campbell attacking cricket philosophy actually working or a **** attack?
A bit of both I’d say.

Garton is a decent bowler, has played (once) for England but hampered by injuries. The rest of the attack has promise but is pretty workmanlike.

But having been put in to bat in the gloom, Durham can surely be pretty satisfied with their day.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
You rate Garton then? Whenever I've seen him bowl he has sprayed it all over the place. I guess he has some pace though?

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Can only give the
FULL SQUAD
Rory Burns (C)
Sean Abbott
Gus Atkinson
Jordan Clark
Ben Foakes
Ben Geddes
Tom Lawes
Dan Moriarty
Ryan Patel
Ollie Pope
Kemar Roach
Dom Sibley
Jamie Smith
Cam Steel
Dan Worrall
Abbott just gone but Steel on 86*, hope K. Roach hang around longer.

Surrey 348/8

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Quality of presentation Crystal clear from LANCS tv. Last year or so only Commentary in Audio from BBC I player for every County games.