• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

FBU

International Debutant
FBU
Surrey's 4 day game Showing live in india on tv starting at 3.30 pm after 85 minutes

can I have Surrey's playing xl for 4 day game ? Starts today
Can only give the
FULL SQUAD
Rory Burns (C)
Sean Abbott
Gus Atkinson
Jordan Clark
Ben Foakes
Ben Geddes
Tom Lawes
Dan Moriarty
Ryan Patel
Ollie Pope
Kemar Roach
Dom Sibley
Jamie Smith
Cam Steel
Dan Worrall

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Can only give the
FULL SQUAD
Rory Burns (C)
Sean Abbott
Gus Atkinson
Jordan Clark
Ben Foakes
Ben Geddes
Tom Lawes
Dan Moriarty
Ryan Patel
Ollie Pope
Kemar Roach
Dom Sibley
Jamie Smith
Cam Steel
Dan Worrall
I'd forgotten that Jacks is probably playing in the IPL too. And it looks like Overton is already injured. My guess is that Atkinson, Geddes, Moriarty and Steel will miss out. Unless Steel plays as the token spinner who's supposed to be able to bat a bit.

Molehill

International Captain
I'd forgotten that Jacks is probably playing in the IPL too. And it looks like Overton is already injured. My guess is that Atkinson, Geddes, Moriarty and Steel will miss out. Unless Steel plays as the token spinner who's supposed to be able to bat a bit.
Jacks is injured and not playing IPL. Not sure when he's back but suspect it's not for a while.

It's still a stupidly strong team, I presume Smith will play as a batsman even though I feel he's the long term successor to taking the gloves in the England team.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Will Jacks? he's injured for whole ipl

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
Aaaaaaand Somerset have already lost an entire day's play thanks to a wet outfield. Whose idea was it to start the CC in the first week of April?

Molehill

International Captain
The whole game may well be available on youtube, as are most of the CC games.
Sky are televising this one so you get the full coverage (although it changes channels to Mix when the IPL game starts).

But yes, I'll be on Youtube watching the events at Hove. I'm not sure there's any County match now in any competition which isn't streamed. It's a limited service, but I love it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
But yes, I'll be on Youtube watching the events at Hove. I'm not sure there's any County match now in any competition which isn't streamed. It's a limited service, but I love it.
It's great, isn't it. I remember at the end of last season split-screening the decisive matches to keep an eye on what was happening. Surrey's matches were all the better for having Jeremy Coney commentating alongside the regular host.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
Is Dan Worrall registered as a UK player? I thought he was Australian and played as an overseas player last year?

FBU

International Debutant
Lancashire: Jennings, Well, Bohannon, Croft, Vilas, Bell, de Grandhomme, Wood, Bailey, Williams, PARKY!

Surrey: Burns, Sibley, Pope, Patel, Foakes, Smith, Steel, Clark, Abbott, Roach, Worrall.

Molehill

International Captain
Oh dear, the game at Taunton already called for the day (wet outfield). I wonder if there will be any play at all over the next 3 days.

Delays elsewhere, those starting on time have predictably inserted opposition.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
It's a bit sad that Gus Atkinson is kept out of the Surrey team by three overseas fast bowlers. I really rate him, he'd walk into most other counties' playing XI.

Molehill

International Captain
Rory Burns (who clearly hasn't located a barber during the Winter) is the first wicket of the new season. I suspect neither him or Sibley are likely to be threatening Zak Crawley!!

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
5 of the 9 matches haven't started yet due to the weather but it's the south that's more effected for a change.

I'm in Liverpool and the sun is out and the sky is blue - mind you it's pretty nippy for cricket ?

Cricket in early April in England - whose idea was that ?

ataraxia

International Coach
Will Williams and CdG playing spring County Championship? Lancashire going for the h4x extreme. Highlights can also be found on live.nvplay.com/ecb btw

Molehill

International Captain
Pope continuing to bat like a kid whose eaten too many haribo, no surprise he didn't last long. Needs to sort himself out before the Ashes. Sibley hanging around in tough conditions.

Reactions: FBU

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Solid start to the season for Warwickshire...

In terms of outlook I like our bowling a lot but our batting sans Sibley looks really light.