• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
It was obviously a pretty flat pitch, I can see why they didn't want to set a target really.
so just be straight forward and say so.

Overton: says they spoke prior to tea on Day 3
Abell quoted: as trying to set something up in the evening
OK theoretically both can be true, but would seem better to get their stories straight. Maybe Somerset couldn't agree between themselves and simply saw the flat pitch and didn't really want to set a target as Chapple had indicated they would go at anything.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Worcestershire in trouble at 50/9 after bowling Leicestershire out for 173.
I've only just twigged you on the other place.

I got a Durham fan from here to join on there he got banned for being a dick.

Scaly Piscine was profilic on here looks like he got banned from here too.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain

Yeah I've only just joined here after another cricket messageboard I was on came to a sad demise.

As I type Clarke gets his century for Durham.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
Went to the Rose Bowl today. Pitch was slow and bounce on the low side. Hampshires day however if Northants had made better use of the two new balls they could perhaps have achieved parity. Vincent was more restrained than usual however he and Dawson played some nice shots when they got in.

I had not seen the leg spinner Alex Russell before. He showed a commendable inclination to toss it up.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Was Scaly banned, there really is no justice for Scrablists and Countdown Champions.

grecian

I thought he just left. Might be wrong of course.
Yeah that's what I thought but I have taken often unlamented sabbaticals from here, and don't follow the banned thread thing much, so who knows, btw I found him quite amusing on cricket if hideously one-eyed, but his other views were um ****ish TBH.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah that's what I thought but I have taken often unlamented sabbaticals from here, and don't follow the banned thread thing much, so who knows, btw I found him quite amusing on cricket if hideously one-eyed, but his other views were um ****ish TBH.
Likewise. fwiw a quick google found him commenting under the write-ups on BBC Sport.

grecian

Likewise. fwiw a quick google found him commenting under the write-ups on BBC Sport.
He has a Twitter account , I've linked to it before it's hideous in a conspiracy Trump-loving racist way, he'll probably be Home secretary within 20 years.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Yeah why he got banned on the other forum I post on. Wasn't too bad on the cricket front

Molehill

International Captain
Probably the biggest crowd I can remember seeing for a Championship Match at Hove, loads of school kids in by the looks of it. Let's hope Smith isn't out cheaply this morning (assuming that's who they've come to see).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Probably the biggest crowd I can remember seeing for a Championship Match at Hove, loads of school kids in by the looks of it. Let's hope Smith isn't out cheaply this morning (assuming that's who they've come to see).
Yeah there will be no more opportunities to see Smith bat live in that part of the world for ages.