• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Durham at least take it to the 4th day despite Yorkshire getting the extra half hour.

Could just last one ball though if Carse doesn't bat.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
I didn't think we had the batting to compete but thrilled with the results so far. Essex and Hampshire were two teams I wouldn't have fancied our chances against at season start.

Rushworth has been the star but our other signing, Barnard, has been great too as our all-rounder.
Other signing? 8 of that side are signings. 9 if you count Hasan Ali who has already played over here in the championship. Only Yates and Mousley came through the Warwickshire age groups. They might as well be a franchise.

Reactions: FBU

Aidan11

Having got so close from an unlikely position, surely he would bay if required.
Depends on the extent of the injury. It's his side that's gone. I suppose he could try and hold up an end If required but I can't see him doing more than one-handed defensive shots.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Other signing? 8 of that side are signings. 9 if you count Hasan Ali who has already played over here in the championship. Only Yates and Mousley came through the Warwickshire age groups. They might as well be a franchise.
Wow you really wanted to crowbar that rant in, huh. Clearly I was referring to Barnard as Warwickshire's other new signing.

(And since I can't help myself, Sam Hain joined in his teens having been spotted by Warwickshire scouts while not attached to any county, Woakes missed this round under England orders but is a homegrown Warwickshire player and Moeen is back at the County, he also came through the Warwickshire age groups...)

Aidan11

I've heard Carse will bat if required today so Yorkshire need to take two wickets this morning if they're to win this game.

Today's play shouldn't last longer than an hour which is just as well because the weather is expected to turn nasty around 1pm.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Wow you really wanted to crowbar that rant in, huh. Clearly I was referring to Barnard as Warwickshire's other new signing.

(And since I can't help myself, Sam Hain joined in his teens having been spotted by Warwickshire scouts while not attached to any county, Woakes missed this round under England orders but is a homegrown Warwickshire player and Moeen is back at the County, he also came through the Warwickshire age groups...)
Don't think you can really count a player with Queensland under 17s, 19s, Australia Under 19s on his CV as not being a signing by an English County.
If you want to count those not playing you could add Miles, Norwell and no doubt others signed in the last half dozen or so years, albeit some maybe have already moved on.
As for rants.....on a sports forum, fairly mild, I'd think.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Does batting against Bell, Vilas and Croft count as batting practice? Somerset never seemed remotely interested in setting up the possibility of a result, even without Anderson participating since day one when they were 109/4 - if they don't want to take a risk against 10 players will they ever?

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
I would have expected a declaration at some point. Even a seemingly nominal 40-50 overs remaining - one never knows in cricket.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Anyone else other than the Somerset captain / coach would have offered something like 300 in 50+ overs sometime after lunch.
Rew v Lancashire this year: 117, 47, 105, 118*
Aldridge v Lancashire this year: 14, 58*, 46, 101*
...previous career bests Rew 101, Aldridge 41