• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Cricket season

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Was Warne brought up over here? No.
By the way - 40 wickets every series is actually 34 in 6 matches, 24 in 6 matches and then 31 in 5 matches - a very good record, but more due to the lack of ability in the England line-ups of the time.

Was Mushtaq Ahmed brought up over here? No.

Other leggies? Please name some, because I can't think of any others that are successes over here.

There is no need to insult me for pointing facts out. Conditions here are not right for training spin bowlers.

If they're between 16 and 19, they are not good enough for FC Cricket, that's got nothing to do with making them bowl flat.

Oh yes, blame the coaches - it had nothing to do with the fact he was simply not good enough did it?

15 matches, 20 wickets @ 76.95 and 3.70 per over are absolutely terrible. Even in County Cricket he only averages 32, so it's not as if he's that good at that level!

In his matches on the sub-continent, which should be his best chance of wickets - 4 wickets in 5 matches at an average of 105.75!!!

Ok then Marc.... the Conditions in this Country are for leg spin.... it just the coaches that make it not and people like you?

Mushtaq Ahamed had a Great record against England

erm Paul Adams is doing well, Macgill did well in County Cricket so did Strang a lot of Leggis over the years have been success here but you point out crap batsman... how can they be poor but have the conditions to there advantage erm ok marc? i dont understand that so we are having a problem with Batting in this Country as well?

For the last time there are suited to the conditions TELL ME why not?

Some leggies in Jenner Acadamy are good enough to be in the firsts but at the moment they would get more of a bowl inthe seconds and the captain dont have Faith in this Country?

Salisbury according to other better qualified people then myself and you said that English Coaches who did not know how to bowl leg spin and teach taught him wrong... not on Purpose but it just happened that way. he would have been class at test level

and he did not have the mental apporch either.............

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
Never. That would have meant that over 1,100 runs were scored on the first day. I was questioning whether it was day 3 or day 4.
It was Day 2 today, and Shahid got out early on.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
You are a silly boy Chris, it is also a problem in NZ because quite simply the conditions are not made for spin bowling.

Its all very well to have Jenner singing his tune but spinners will never prosper in places like England & NZ because theres no need to use spinners often when the seamers are taking wickets.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Rubbish you are more likely to get wickets with flighted balls

and to tell Jenner to go back to australia you are a bigger idiot then i thought....... i would love to get coaching for jenner but oh course i not a leggie

I see, so you said ask young leggies who they'd listen to

This young leggie disagrees with Jenner, then he's an idiot is he?

Good logic.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Ok then Marc.... the Conditions in this Country are for leg spin.... it just the coaches that make it not and people like you?
Read what I said. They are not good for leg spin from normal leg spinners, and they are definitely not good for teaching young leg spinners.

chris.hinton said:

Mushtaq Ahamed had a Great record against England

erm Paul Adams is doing well, Macgill did well in County Cricket so did Strang a lot of Leggis over the years have been success here but you point out crap batsman
Mushtaq vs England - 9 games - 33 wickets @ 32.90 - Great(!)
Adams isn't even a leg spinner.
MacGill has 27 @ 33.40 this season - isn't that great? His last bowling effort - 35-3-196-1 - wow what a outstanding figures, and he kept it below 6 an over as well, only just over 5.5!
Paul Strang had one season, 30 wickets in 13 games at over 32 - another resounding success there.

Crap batsmen is talking about the Test side facing Warne, who is a one-off.

chris.hinton said:
For the last time there are suited to the conditions TELL ME why not?
What do those figures above suggest? All these great leggies, and none of them have done a lot.

chris.hinton said:
Some leggies in Jenner Acadamy are good enough to be in the firsts but at the moment they would get more of a bowl inthe seconds and the captain dont have Faith in this Country?
They're aged between 16 and 19 - how can you even suggest blooding 10-12 16-19 year olds in a professional sport?

Salisbury according to other better qualified people then myself and you said that English Coaches who did not know how to bowl leg spin and teach taught him wrong... not on Purpose but it just happened that way. he would have been class at test level
So Salisbury is blaming the coaches - he's hardly likely to admit he's not up to it is he?

There is no way the coaches are solely to blame for one of the worst set of Test bowling figures ever.

If they were that bad, he wouldn't have ever made it onto the International arena.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
It was Day 2 today, and Shahid got out early on.
It was Day 3 today.

Day 2 stumps, Derby had made 584/7 (?) and Surrey were on 574/0 off 88 overs.

Let's keep the leg-spin to one thread, OK?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr. Ponting said:
do you guys have a scorecard or link to this match?
Even Surrey's website doesn't seem to have one - but they usually put their 2nd XI stuff up a day or two after the game finishes. I'll look on Sunday and let you know

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
i don't. its just usually people summarise the article when they make a link. i use that.

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Read what I said. They are not good for leg spin from normal leg spinners, and they are definitely not good for teaching young leg spinners.

Mushtaq vs England - 9 games - 33 wickets @ 32.90 - Great(!)
Adams isn't even a leg spinner.
MacGill has 27 @ 33.40 this season - isn't that great? His last bowling effort - 35-3-196-1 - wow what a outstanding figures, and he kept it below 6 an over as well, only just over 5.5!
Paul Strang had one season, 30 wickets in 13 games at over 32 - another resounding success there.

Crap batsmen is talking about the Test side facing Warne, who is a one-off.

What do those figures above suggest? All these great leggies, and none of them have done a lot.

They're aged between 16 and 19 - how can you even suggest blooding 10-12 16-19 year olds in a professional sport?

So Salisbury is blaming the coaches - he's hardly likely to admit he's not up to it is he?

There is no way the coaches are solely to blame for one of the worst set of Test bowling figures ever.

If they were that bad, he wouldn't have ever made it onto the International arena.
they did ok thought didnt they?

Salisbuty did not blame the coaches he would not do that? Jenner said that

Macgill bowled well in the ashes and was unlucky and he kept flight it up RISK TAKER!1111111

chris.hinton

International Captain
Adams not a Leg spinner? then what is he?

it say on cricinfo a Slow Left Chinaman which is left arm Leg spin the same as my Brother and he is in the leg spin acadamy so i think he is a Leggie ?

Any more to say Marc

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As I said before, Warne will take wickets almost anywhere because he is a great bowler.

Macgill bowled well in the ashes and was unlucky and he kept flight it up RISK TAKER!1111111
That's a change for MacGill, he usually gets smacked about because he bowls full tosses and long hops.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

That's a change for MacGill, he usually gets smacked about because he bowls full tosses and long hops.
He's still a good bowler and expensive or not he still takes alot of wickets. Even in the WI he took alot of wickets despite Lara smashing him around alot.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was because of good tactics from Waugh - try to avoid bowling MacGill when Lara's at the crease. :)

I agree that he does turn the ball a mile and is a wicket-taker.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Originally posted by chris.hinton
and to tell Jenner to go back to australia you are a bigger idiot then i thought

I dont take lightly being called an idiot by someone who doesnt even know me....

Just take a look at yourself. You are the only idiot around here.

And if you keep coming back for more, you are going to get shot down in flames very quickly indeed....

Last edited: