• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England's winter schedule annonouced

Howe_zat

Audio File

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Thought it was confirmed that we had agreed a 3 Test series against Pakistan?

Not enough Tests - I'm quite happy with playing an ODI series on its own in India, provided next time we go there we have a Test only leg (similar to Australia in 2008) - prepare like we did for the Ashes and give ourselves the best possible shot of winning.

edit: I appreciate that the series against Sri Lanka is squeezed by the World T20 - however why not just play 3 Tests and go back in the future for an ODI series?

Last edited:

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
Glad we're playing Pakistan in a proper cricket playing country but 2 test series is bollocks in my view.

Looking forward to locking horns with SL again to get this series out of the system.

Make up of the England team to allow for reverse swing and spin will be very interesting indeed. 2001 was built on a very balanced team that had reverse swing and spin while not sacrificing batting depth.

Return to morning cricket - I've missed it :)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't have minded one two test series and one three but both being two is pants. Hopefully PCB will change the schedule and make it three tests and three one dayers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Two tests? :dry:

Hope there's the same frustration against ECB, PCB and BCCSL for making an official test series two tests, that there was when the BCCI, CA and CSA created a test series by removing ODIs.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wouldn't have minded one two test series and one three but both being two is pants. Hopefully PCB will change the schedule and make it three tests and three one dayers.
I'm convinced there was a story on cricinfo a few months ago confirming that it would be 3 Tests, 5 ODIs and (possibly) 2 T20Is in January, with the respective boards negotiating where to play the series. Trying to find the link.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm convinced there was a story on cricinfo a few months ago confirming that it would be 3 Tests, 5 ODIs and (possibly) 2 T20Is in January, with the respective boards negotiating where to play the series. Trying to find the link.
I thought that myself, fingers crossed one of the series is extended to 3 tests.

Xuhaib

International Coach
playing home series away from home apparently costs PCB a lot of money so they look to minimize the playing time as much as possible.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
This is ****ed up, why can't we ever get a 3 Test series. Having an even number of test matches just makes the teams want to play for draw.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
UAE is without doubt the worst country for hosting Test cricket. Hard to get excited about Test cricket hosted in a country with no cricketing history, no crowds, lifeless decks and contested between neutral countries.

Feels like playing Test cricket for the sake of fulfilling a quota of Test matches.