• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England whinge about India tour itineray

open365

International Vice-Captain
Can't say I expected more from the money grabbing BCCI either.

The whole cricketing administration is a bloody joke, 7 ODIs and just two test matches, i'd much rather we didn't bother touring the bloody country if that's the type of pointless schedule we have to play.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Can't say I expected more from the money grabbing BCCI either.

The whole cricketing administration is a bloody joke, 7 ODIs and just two test matches, i'd much rather we didn't bother touring the bloody country if that's the type of pointless schedule we have to play.
It was the ECB that requested 2 tests not the BCCI, don't forget.

And India as host country have the prerogative of choosing where to play games.
I don't see what the issue is for the Poms....you guys are professional cricketers getting paid plenty of money , staying in luxury hotels and getting VIP security. Surely you can put up with a bit of travel.

Dissector

International Debutant
7 ODI's and 2 tests is a bad joke but if I understand things correctly both the BCCI and the ECB are at fault. The BCCI didn't want to cut the ODI's and the ECB didn't want to extend the tour beyond Christmas.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Can't say I expected any different from the English.
I cant either. Its a terrible schedule.

A nightmare for players and supporters. Its well know that when BCCI are being political and getting nasty they send touring teams (this has happened to England before) to backwaters where the hotels are of a lower standard than at the major cities and its difficult for fans to travel to and from.

If I was England I wouldnt aprove it, especially given the composition of the tour in terms of games.

open365

International Vice-Captain
It was the ECB that requested 2 tests not the BCCI, don't forget.

And India as host country have the prerogative of choosing where to play games.
I don't see what the issue is for the Poms....you guys are professional cricketers getting paid plenty of money , staying in luxury hotels and getting VIP security. Surely you can put up with a bit of travel.
The BCCI can basically bitch slap anyone into agreeing to whatever they want to happen, the spineless ECB is no exception.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I cant either. Its a terrible schedule.

A nightmare for players and supporters. Its well know that when BCCI are being political and getting nasty they send touring teams (this has happened to England before) to backwaters where the hotels are of a lower standard than at the major cities and its difficult for fans to travel to and from.

If I was England I wouldnt aprove it, especially given the composition of the tour in terms of games.
The arrogance in that statement pretty much sums it up for me.
Have you been to Indore, Rajkot, Jamshedpur et al ?
My guess is probably a big fat NO yet the almighty Kevin Gough thinks they are places not befitting for international cricket or the royal highnesses in the England team.

All those venues have hosted international cricket before...its not like England are getting totally unknown venues. And teams like Pakistan and Australia have played at those venues and they don't complain.
Its the typical English superiority complex....they think being the former masters of the British Raj they're entitled to special treatment.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's a shocking itenerary, as said. Those who put-up and shut-up because some dickheads like to brand you whingers are doing a less good job than those who complain and see if they can get poor stuff changed.

I doubt any change will be made, and TBF you can't win 'em all. But you shouldn't just expect everyone to accept rubbish ATT.

BTW, wouldn't this be best merged with at least one of the other threads about this tour so far? Think there've been 3 already.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
The BCCI can basically bitch slap anyone into agreeing to whatever they want to happen, the spineless ECB is no exception.

As I said, the BCCI were more than happy to play that third test. Seems to me England are being somewhat 'soft' here....ah, we don't wanna spend Christmas in India, we don't wanna travel anywhere but Mumbai Bangalore or Calcutta etc.

Dissector

International Debutant
Huh? It's been a long-standing policy of the BCCI to distribute matches around the country so as to encourage the game in smaller venues. It's got nothing to do with being nasty. As for England supporters , the two test are in Ahmedabad and Bombay and the final ODI is in Dehi so they will have plenty of opportunities to support their team if they want to.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Its the typical English superiority complex....they think being the former masters of the British Raj they're entitled to special treatment.
Not really. And TBH, you need some damn good evidence to start accusing people of that, which you don't have for either Kev or those involved in the ECB.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In fact the ECB's problem is that they are the same venues as we played in in the 05-06 season. Thus denying the supporters the opportunity to visit Eden gardens etc

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
As if the BCCI wouldnt complain if we stuck India into crappy stadiums when they toured here. Its a fair point.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
It's a shocking itenerary, as said. Those who put-up and shut-up because some dickheads like to brand you whingers are doing a less good job than those who complain and see if they can get poor stuff changed.

I doubt any change will be made, and TBF you can't win 'em all. But you shouldn't just expect everyone to accept rubbish ATT.

BTW, wouldn't this be best merged with at least one of the other threads about this tour so far? Think there've been 3 already.

How exactly is the itinerary rubbish ?
India is a big country....you expect to play at different venues.
EVery team that has toured India has played at venues other than the 'main' cities yet it is only England that complain.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
As if the BCCI wouldnt complain if we stuck India into crappy stadiums when they toured here. Its a fair point.
And you know that the venues allocated are "crappy" how ???
Jamshedpur where England will play is actually a much nicer field than Mumbai's main stadium of Wankhede where England seem so desperate to play

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Not really. And TBH, you need some damn good evidence to start accusing people of that, which you don't have for either Kev or those involved in the ECB.
And some of the English also need to something about the venues they are criticising before shooting off their mouth.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Its funny. You never EVER see English fans bring up this fact. Its always Indian fans. So mayne its not us with the complex? :laugh: The funny thing is all the people who have a problem about it werent even alive when it happened!

If the BCCI were given the likes of Hampshire/Durham/Old Trafford (yeah i went there :ph34r: ). Instead of the bigger / best looking / more historical grounds do you think they would be happy? or do you think they would complain? Engage your brain before you reply this time :cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How exactly is the itinerary rubbish ?
India is a big country....you expect to play at different venues.
EVery team that has toured India has played at venues other than the 'main' cities yet it is only England that complain.
Yes, so? You think they're all happy with it?

It's not unfair to expect England to play in at least some "out" grounds - nor anyone else. But you always hope to get at least the odd game at a "big" ground. This proposed itenerary contains zero.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Its funny. You never EVER see English fans bring up this fact. Its always Indian fans. So mayne its not us with the complex? :laugh: The funny thing is all the people who have a problem about it werent even alive when it happened!

If the BCCI were given the likes of Hampshire/Durham/Old Trafford (yeah i went there :ph34r: ). Instead of the bigger / best looking / more historical grounds do you think they would be happy? or do you think they would complain? Engage your brain before you reply this time :cool:
So I suppose you "engaged your brain" when you criticised venues as "crappy" despite never having been there ?

Dissector

International Debutant
Yes, so? You think they're all happy with it?

It's not unfair to expect England to play in at least some "out" grounds - nor anyone else. But you always hope to get at least the odd game at a "big" ground. This proposed itenerary contains zero.
Hardly zero. The last ODI is in Delhi. Both the tests are in traditional test centres.