• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs New Zealand, 2nd Test at Headingley

Athlai

Not Terrible
What fantasticaly unconstructive criticism on constructive criticism. Just because you're calling someone out on an action you deem to be rude gives you no excuse to be rude yourself.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Directed at me? Don't really see how my post can be deemed to be rude or objectionable in anyway but hey-ho.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I accept the first comment was rather blunt and without explanation but I don't see the problem with talking about why I didn't tune in

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
What fantasticaly unconstructive criticism on constructive criticism. Just because you're calling someone out on an action you deem to be rude gives you no excuse to be rude yourself.
Fair enough, all subjective I guess.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I accept the first comment was rather blunt and without explanation but I don't see the problem with talking about why I didn't tune in
These are amateur volunteers contributing their time to a community project, It is not the same as bagging out Shane Warne or Michael Vaughan.

Anyone that wants to get involved in this should be able to do so without fear of getting ****canned in the forum just because they might not be as eloquent as someone else. As I said.........it's hardly going to encourage others to have a crack and I doubt Morge will come back for another stint now and if it was just nerves that got him this could have been a great platform for him to overcome them.

I appologise if my initial post was OTT.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
And now if he decides to come back, he knows what to work on. I think morgie knows me well enough to know that I don't mean anything offensively

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
And now if he decides to come back, he knows what to work on. I think morgie knows me well enough to know that I don't mean anything offensively
overall, it's better just to focus on pointing out the commentators who you like and what they're doing well. Chances are the others (such as myself) are more than aware that they're not very good.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah look, I wouldn't have the guts to do it so I'm full of admiration for those that do..........and if they aren't quite up to the standard of Smudge and Howe et al, at least their having a go. Good on em I say.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Chewie ought have been a bit more diplomatic about it but there's no way we should say people should be exempt from criticism. How else would you get better at it. I've been really stoked about getting a bit of praise here and there so I'd be a bit annoyed if it were a 'praise or nothing' situation

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Will try and stay awake to get the first session up and running tonight. Been a long and busy weekend....