• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v India subforum?

Are you in favour of a subforum for the England v India Test Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I can see what SS is getting at. I personally think all sub-forums should be within Cricket Chat. I didn't like that the World Cup and Ashes one were separate, as you had to change habit to get there. Whereas with cricket chat you can click it, and then go to the Ashes/WC or whatever as well.

But that may be just me.
You mean the way the forummer WC subforum appears at the top of the WC forum?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I get the feeling this won't be happening. My request for a report was ignored. I suspect, perhaps cynically, that the mods do not want to have to moderate multiple Eng V Ind threads.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If it doesn't happen it's ****ing stupid, Ashes subforum is brilliant. Really don't get what the huge aversion to it is.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Will be a nightmare to go through that tour thread if this doesn't happen tbh.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I get the feeling this won't be happening.My request for a report was ignored.
I don't understand. Do you mean poll?
(Not being a dickhead btw; genuinely don't get what you're saying. :p)

I suspect, perhaps cynically, that the mods do not want to have to moderate multiple Eng V Ind threads.
If anything, I think multiple threads are easier to moderate. You can shut down cancerous debates contained in certain threads just by locking them, but you can't lock a tour thread so you have to calm situations down by warnings and post deletions.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't understand. Do you mean poll?
(Not being a dickhead btw; genuinely don't get what you're saying. :p)

If anything, I think multiple threads are easier to moderate. You can shut down cancerous debates contain in certain threads just by locking them, but you can't lock a tour thread so you have to calm situations down by warnings and post deletions.
Yeah, I mean poll, I reported my own post to draw attention to the request which will be why I've been thinking of that word

And fair enough on the second para - I'm just a bit curious as to why we've had no official word on this for a little while now. If it's under consideration - fine but tell us. If it's not gonna happen - a shame but at least just tell us.

I could be wrong but I don't think an answer was given in the IPL subforum thread, one day an official thread was made and that was that. Would it be so hard to tell us the decision and the reasons for it?

James

Cricket Web Owner
The IPL was fairly clear-cut, simply not enough discussion to warrant a forum by itself which is why just one main thread was created and stuck.

In regard to England/India, there won't be a sub-forum created, but it may be re-visited at a later date. It was discussed in the staff forum and moderator forum along with some email conversations I had as well. Some valid points were raised both for and against it and I've made a call not to create it.

I've always been of the belief that the less number of forums the better it is for the overall experience of posting/viewing because everything is nicely contained together.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
We can have seperate threads for Each match though,atleast?

The matches in England are going to be also in day time in both India and England so there should be enough interest.

Teja.

Global Moderator
We can have seperate threads for Each match though,atleast?

The matches in England are going to be also in day time in both India and England so there should be enough interest.
Separate threads for XI selection discussion and predictions too IMO. :ph34r:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The IPL was fairly clear-cut, simply not enough discussion to warrant a forum by itself which is why just one main thread was created and stuck.

In regard to England/India, there won't be a sub-forum created, but it may be re-visited at a later date. It was discussed in the staff forum and moderator forum along with some email conversations I had as well. Some valid points were raised both for and against it and I've made a call not to create it.

I've always been of the belief that the less number of forums the better it is for the overall experience of posting/viewing because everything is nicely contained together.
DWTA.

The reason the Ashes sub-forum is so brilliant is because everything Ashes related, whether it's the individual Test threads, avatar bets, pre-series trash talking, post series inquests, or whatever, is in the one place. If there's a discussion I don't want to take part in, I can ignore that thread.

Clump everything together in one tour thread, and it's going to be a pain in the arse to read, particularly when people will be sidetracking on various issues. I really cbf with going to bed and getting up in the morning to see that the thread has grown by 500 posts.

Subforum would also, surely, be far easier to moderate as well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
100% AWTA

I just don't understand why we never got a poll on this and why my request for one was ignored. It could be that it's not a majority demand at all, dunno, a poll would tell us though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Poll to follow.

Would you like to see a subforum in Cricket Chat for the upcoming England vs India Test series, similar to the forums created for the World Cup and 2010/11 Ashes?

Personally, I'm in favour of a subforum. The Ashes subforum is one of the best things about CricketWeb, as it means that threads on anything and everything about the series, be it individual matches, tour games, avatar bets, pre-series trash talk, threads about Tendulkar's hair, or whatever, are all contained in the same place. If there's a thread about something that doesn't interest you about the series, you don't read it. It allows for more coherent discussion - if we want to argue about the umpiring (which seems likely if UDRS isn't implemented) then we can do so in a seperate thread, without derailing the main match thread. A subforum is also easier to moderate, as bad threads can be closed, instead of having one enormous cluster**** of a thread which could have advanced 30 pages by the time any action is taken.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Also means that CC isn't going to get jammed up with threads relating to the series, so people who weren't interested didn't have to be subjected to all of them.