• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Socerer 01

International Captain
B

But we saw this BAZBALL in full swing in England and might also see it in NZ, West Indies etc. Bowlers will be bound to bowl negatively.
out of all the possible concerns from this style how is negative line bowling which has existed for decades an issue when it wasn’t when far better test sides played?

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
out of all the possible concerns from this style how is negative line bowling which has existed for decades an issue when it wasn’t when far better test sides played?
As far as I know negative bowling at times was used as a tactic but it was used quite rarely. If Bazball get adapted by everyone then surely bowlers will be bowling it regularly.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slightly unrelated topic, but how do we think Duckett will hold up long term opening in England? I remember slot of the discussion about his earlier career was his inability to play spin, and he's clearly worked on that. Is he a long term option that England can rely on or will good pace bowling work him out?
Much the same as Brook, he has been impressive but harder challenges await and only time will tell. Deserves a chance though and even if he fails in ashes he has to go India next winter.

Burgey

Much the same as Brook, he has been impressive but harder challenges await and only time will tell. Deserves a chance though and even if he fails in ashes he has to go India next winter.
Where do you think he'll (Brook) bat once Bairstow comes back? Be interesting to see if they ask the latter to keep in order to accommodate Brook in the side, but tbh Foakes is a good keeper and his batting is fine anyway.

Burgey

Have seen a few people on here express concern that it will end up being the beginning of traditional fans disillusioned. We’ll see.
Be more inclined to be disillusioned by the feather bed decks than by the approach of any one side to test cricket tbh.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
To even the contest between bat and ball I suggest the new ball should be taken after 50 overs rather than 90. Yes, it might sound absurd but that's my opinion to give bowlers some advantage.
There's no need just yet. It's only England who appear capable of batting in this manner. It's been the perfect storm for them in many ways which other teams are going to find very hard to reproduce. Glad for it too; I won't say England have made Test cricket more interesting (probably have tbh) but they've certainly introduced a new tactical dimension in the game. Others will eventually catch up to them in some form hard to visualize presently, but for the time being they'll continue blowing away conservative sides.

greg

International Debutant
As far as I know negative bowling at times was used as a tactic but it was used quite rarely. If Bazball get adapted by everyone then surely bowlers will be bowling it regularly.
Any team bowling repeatedly negatively is not adopting “Bazball”. Ultra aggressive bowling to get 20 wickets is at the core of the philosophy.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I really wanted Pak to win this Test . No team should be whitewashed at home in Test matches .
But I guess this is what you get when you have a captain who isn’t much interested in Test matches.

trundler

The first test was a historic low point by itself and everything since then has been a demonstration of Murphy's law for Pakistan. Need a revamp. Lots of problems TSTL. England deserved to win for their bravery alone.

Spark

Global Moderator
The first test was a historic low point by itself and everything since then has been a demonstration of Murphy's law for Pakistan. Need a revamp. Lots of problems TSTL. England deserved to win for their bravery alone.
but i was told that pakistan had dominated these games. dominated!

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, regardless of Babar's word about 'dominating' that's a proper whacking for the series. People are really gonna be taking notice of this England team now and as for Pakistan, the only thing more sure than the fact they need change is that they won't get it.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats England. Amazing effort. So Pakistan has lost 4 consecutive tests (including 3rd test v Aus) at home. Has that ever happened before? Will be interesting if a modified version of England's approach and tactics in Pakistan will be implemented by NZ.

flibbertyjibber

Where do you think he'll (Brook) bat once Bairstow comes back? Be interesting to see if they ask the latter to keep in order to accommodate Brook in the side, but tbh Foakes is a good keeper and his batting is fine anyway.
Somebody will be injured by the summer. If not it is a nice problem to have.