• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
The great thing about this victory is that we've been rewarded for trying to force a result.

99 times out of 100 this test would have been utterly forgettable, a game that even us cricket nerds would struggle to watch.

Instead the result will reverberate around the cricketing world. The positive approach we've shown could well lead others to follow and we'll get less ultra safety first approaches in future.

In turn more people will watch test cricket and the future of the game looks a bit brighter today than it did 5 days ago.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Congratulations England on a great win. I am no fan of Bazball but its got them a great win here as the pitch was designed for a boring stats padding draw.

As for Pakistan who ever is involved in this head scratching tactics Babar, Ramiz, Saqi or the combination of all thre needs to sit down and have a major rethink. Over the years differnt words have been associated with Pakistan cricket exciting, inconsistent, carless during Misbah tenure it was also attritional but its never cowardice. This team has been playing a cowardly brand of test cricket since the Aus series and now in this test. They came in this test with no intent of winning and its a great justice they lost this in the last moments.

I hope we see better pitches for next 2 tests even it means some more losses .

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
That's probably one of England's best wins in a Test match. A 74 run win to England. Pakistan needed 280 odd to win on the final day and had lost 2 wickets on day 4. England took 8 wickets on day 5 and the final wicket coming with about 30 minutes to go in the match with fading light too. Down to the wire stuff. That's what Test cricket is all about.

Ben Stokes and his captaincy....brilliant. Attacking as well. You need to be prepared to lose in order to win. Great work.

#PakistanVsEngland #FirstTest #Rawalpindi

greg

International Debutant
The great thing about this victory is that we've been rewarded for trying to force a result.

99 times out of 100 this test would have been utterly forgettable, a game that even us cricket nerds would struggle to watch.

Instead the result will reverberate around the cricketing world. The positive approach we've shown could well lead others to follow and we'll get less ultra safety first approaches in future.

In turn more people will watch test cricket and the future of the game looks a bit brighter today than it did 5 days ago.
Although would hope it won’t encourage more pitches like this. Test boards looking to guarantee 5 days safe in the knowledge they might not be criticised for putting money over entertainment…

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am I being a little knee jerky in thinking Azhar Ali should be close to the axe? Obviously bowling is the bigger issue but still.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I was hoping this test would disprove bazball, against this wonderful Pakistani attack, but they’ve clearly proven me wrong.

chris.hinton

International Captain
This test had the most number of total runs scored over a 5 day period- 1768.

I think Pakistan now also hold the record of highest test scored by a country in an innings that still resulted in a loss- 579.
Bazball and the new world order. We make teams look better and still kill them off

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Harry brook a chance of a hefty IPL payout? Poor world cup, but clearly he can bat in the subcontinent, and middle order players who can give you 30@150 returns are a valuable commodity.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Tanveer Ahmed ex twst player having a real go at Babar.

According to him Babar deliberately forces the groundsmen to prepare these lifeless tracks as deep down it pains him that he has just 6-7 hundreds and averages below 50. His intent is just to statspad and not care about team results.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And we had Virat who wanted Turners even if it meant the battery's averages taking a hit.

Pak need to find characters like Naseem more and invest in them.