• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given the field, Pakistan should go Bazball here

Quick 30-40 would completely change the game

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Nicely done Ollie.

Looking ahead, the other factor may be the new ball being lesson than 20 overs away now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont understand Bazball as some kind of a certain strategy. I can see the way Stokes, and at times Bairstow in the English summer, have batted and its definitely a lot of T20 style biffing done to tests but its not like Crawley or Pope have suddenly started to hit 6s everywhere. They are still batting in their own way... Pope sucks defending against spin so he is trying to put the pressure on the spinner and remove close in fielders. Crawley is simply batting the way he usually does, trying to time the ball into gaps. Duckett is also playing the way that probably gives him most success. Root has always been a busy player, he is probably playing a few more shots than he usually would but he has not gotten totally away from his MO, esp. in the English summer.

Like I said, it is a philosophy whereby they are advocating the players to play the way that will give them the best probability of success and it just so happens they have a lot of players who are more comfortable trying to score runs than defending.

BazBall21

International Regular
I feel close to Azhar Ali’s wicket every ball because of his technique. His big hundreds must be soul-destroying.

Calm_profit

State Vice-Captain
I never trust Azhar Ali, this ****er has cost the winnable test match at U.A.E against Newzealand in 2018,playing Ajaz Patel(who was playing in his first match)like he was facing Herath.