• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Howe_zat

Audio File
Given the cesspit of a thread some multi numpty started overnight, I just want to say how much Shane Warne would have loved watching this England team. Everything he yearned for from the box; be prepared to lose to win.
Nah, Warne would still find a way to be critical. He would in particular enjoy laying into Stokes' bad innings today, and probably make some unwarranted comment about mental fortitude with it.

Warne once said that 'sometimes being aggressive is about making the opposition bowl for longer'. He liked to use the same words, but that didn't make him consistent.

ataraxia

International Coach
What's the highest run rate for a whole team in a test (min. 300 runs, say), and how much have England beat it by?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking at Livingstone they would probably be better having Robinson batting. Might turn 1s into 2s and can hit it ok himself.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Shame, but well batted. Perhaps Naseem is the one bowler they shouldn't be taking liberties with, but Brook's still been brilliant here.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'd like our bowlers to be as attacking as our batsmen so setting 342 at 2.85 per over isn't really enough.

ataraxia

International Coach
They're at 6.73 for this test, which is actually seond behind South Africa bullying Zimbabwe in Cape Town in 2005.
min. 350 runs, say :ph34r:

A classic case (scorecard) of Kallis downhill skiing and minnow-bashing and scoring slowly and losing his team matches and never bowling. Ballsy declaration thouh lol, one that has continued to amaze me. Could've batted another 3 days.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
I wish we had a young Yasir Shah here.
from cricinfo
In the squad they had named, they had two to choose from: Abrar Ahmed and Zahid Mahmood. You know how selectors sometimes find themselves needing to make invidious decisions with little to separate two players? This really didn't seem like one of them.
For starters, Abrar and Zahid played for the same side, Sindh, in the recently concluded Quaid-e-Azam trophy season. Abrar was the leading wicket-taker in the competition, taking 43 wickets in seven matches at 21.95. Zahid, by contrast, managed 13 in five, each wicket costing 45.76 runs.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
min. 350 runs, say :ph34r:

A classic case (scorecard) of Kallis downhill skiing and minnow-bashing and scoring slowly and losing his team matches and never bowling. Ballsy declaration thouh lol, one that has continued to amaze me. Could've batted another 3 days.
They were out to make a point by winning in two days iirc. Zim's second X1 were never going to pose any sort of threat, even if SA had forfeited their first innings.

ataraxia

International Coach
Er, they've declared? Pakistan favourites then?!

I mean, 4th innings hoodoo, meme clutch Bazball, and them being Pakistan will work against them, but it's a massive chance still.