• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Xuhaib

International Coach
What will Ramiz and his team gain from all these dead roads. I thought he was quite popular in your country. Why are they killing the home advantage?
Him and Babar have the worst cricketing acumen. If you watch his interviews when Australia was here it was clear he thought home advantage is to grind the opposition pacers he mentioned this multiple times on his lame YouTube channel.
They don't prepare turners since the current test spinners are not rated at all. Ramiz and Babar earnestly believe making flat tracks and playing for draws is there best strategy. It's so stupid but i am cerain they genuinely believe this.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
Him and Babar have the worst cricketing acumen. If you watch his interviews when Australia was here it was clear he thought home advantage is to grind the opposition pacers he mentioned this multiple times on his lame YouTube channel.
They don't prepare turners since the current test spinners are not rated at all. Ramiz and Babar earnestly believe making flat tracks and playing for draws is there best strategy. It's so stupid but i am cerain they genuinely believe this.
Pakistani cricket is really an enigma to me!

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Do you think England can even get 10 wickets in the next day and a half? I don't see England batting again.
Depends very much on Pakistan's approach. Nearly all our dismissals were down to attacking shots.

If Pakistan play sensibly, they'll still be batting at Christmas. This game will drift into a complete bore draw.

Tomorrow Pakistan will score about 300 for 2 wkts. We'll hardly bowl our seamers and the farce will be complete

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
Qu
Depends very much on Pakistan's approach. Nearly all our dismissals were down to attacking shots.

If Pakistan play sensibly, they'll still be batting at Christmas. This game will drift into a complete bore draw.

Tomorrow Pakistan will score about 300 for 2 wkts. We'll hardly bowl our seamers and the farce will be complete
Question: why didn't England include a left arm seamer on this tour. I think on these pitches u need a varied attack to unsettle the batters. Is Curran in the squad?

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Qu

Question: why didn't England include a left arm seamer on this tour. I think on these pitches u need a varied attack to unsettle the batters. Is Curran in the squad?
Good point about a left armer but none are in the squad - we've got plenty of them though - Curran, Topley, Willey

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good point about a left armer but none are in the squad - we've got plenty of them though - Curran, Topley, Willey
Topley probably wouldn't make it through the warm up without getting injured. Then, none of them are good enough for Test cricket anyway. Certainly not enough to have made a difference here.